What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Formbot 2.4 r2 with TAP. Help needed

ted223

I put together my first Voron kit and have everything working except for TAP and the neopixle lights. My kit came with the BTT Octopus v1.1. How is the TAP suppose to be wired into Octopus?

It's theoretically supposed to go to PB7 but that never worked right for me. I grab 24V and ground from there, but connect the signal to PG15 next door.
Neopixels just go to the dedicated port, PB0

It's theoretically supposed to go to PB7 but that never worked right for me. I grab 24V and ground from there, but connect the signal to PG15 next door.
Neopixels just go to the dedicated port, PB0
I have it hooked up with the diode as outlined in the manual. Could you share your config? Mine stays triggered in both the up and down position. I do have the neopixles hooked up to PBO. I will check the polarity.

I got neopixles working. I forgot to add [include "file name.cfg"] in my printer config. Now woking on TAP.

Did you add all the changes for Tap into the config file? Outlined here. With the physical connections I outlined, you just need to set pin to PG15 under [probe].

I fallowed Nero3d on configing the TAP and already made the printer cfg changes before posting here. The black signal wire is going to PG15 and uncommitted that under Probe in the config. The results are the same. I then removed the sensor and used dark colored needle file handle to test the sensor. It stayed lit up red both ways...Should I try plugging the power and ground into a different socket?

That did it. The plug supplied with the tap kit was not in the correct order. I swapped sig and ground on the plug that goes into the sensor. Many thanks!!