What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Galileo 2 VFA

2023WRX

Hey guys, I have a small issue I can't seem to resolve. I recently swapped over to the Galileo 2 extruder and I'm now getting a crazy amount VFA. I've looked over the entire printer and rechecked the extruder to see if maybe something was printed oddly, but no luck. I tried messing with the tensioner as well as a "lets see if this helps" but again, nothing. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should look into it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• G2(1).jpg
    G2(1).jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 59
Hazarding a guess here but the first thing that comes to mind is making sure the planetary gears are properly setup and not binding and are lubricated? I suspect getting those right is one of the most critical steps.

Hazarding a guess here but the first thing that comes to mind is making sure the planetary gears are properly setup and not binding and are lubricated? I suspect getting those right is one of the most critical steps.
Yeah I had it apart a few times to double and triple check everything. All lubricated up and it sits in properly without forcing it in. So I'm not to sure.

Another guessing here: Bump your temperature by 10 degrees and see if these persist. I had similar artifacts because I was a trying to extrude ABS at the lowest possible temperatures I could get away with. My extruder was able to push all necessary filament through however leaving extreme bite marks that produced these oddly beautiful, carbon-fiber like artifacts.