What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Gap after TAP installation

Stadi

Hello in the new forum, I'll start with a question. Since I converted to TAP, my SB has a gap between the CW2 and the cover.
At first I thought it was because all the parts were printed from PA12CF and the dimensions might therefore differ from the ABS parts. Now I've reprinted everything from ASA CF but the gap is still there. Anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this? I can't see anywhere that something is not mounted as it should be according to the instructions. Everything works great, so it's just an optical thing

Best regards

Attachments

• 20230207_225117.jpg
    20230207_225117.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230207_225139.jpg
    20230207_225139.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 28
I know a lot of people have this issue but I do not. Maybe see if there is a spot that needs a little timing or filling.

Hello in the new forum, I'll start with a question. Since I converted to TAP, my SB has a gap between the CW2 and the cover.
At first I thought it was because all the parts were printed from PA12CF and the dimensions might therefore differ from the ABS parts. Now I've reprinted everything from ASA CF but the gap is still there. Anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this? I can't see anywhere that something is not mounted as it should be according to the instructions. Everything works great, so it's just an optical thing

Best regards
Did you ever find a solution?

I haven't found out yet what the Reason is, just a guess. The two -part circuit board at SB is not the reason. When I open the front cover without screwing onto, there is no gap that only arises when the lower screws are put on. I suspect the problem lies in the fit of the pressure parts "Tap_Front_r2.stl" and "Tap_Upper_PCB_r2.stl". These have very little contact surface together. If there is only a slight deviation to 90 ° here, this affects much more on the top edge of the CW2. I printed these parts several times but it doesn't change. I first resigned myself to it because it is only an optical deficiency and does not affect the function.

Same here, fits fine until the lower screws are tightened. I'm pretty sure I was having the same problem before I upgraded to TAP. I've also reprinted parts with the same issue.

Printer works fine but I'm wondering since parts aren't sitting flush if my input shaper values would be better if everything was fitting tighter.

Last edited:
I added 1mm to the depth of the SB cover to close the gap. The daughter board for the BTT2209 tool head was just a bit too thick with all the wires in there for 3 fans. (3rd fan is a 3010 fan to cool the stepper driver on the 2209 board)

Though the cover holds the fans, it's really a cosmetic part, so a bit of a gap isn't going to hurt it.