What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

how do I add the control board and the SBC temps on to my klipper browser?

3dCase

Quite a while ago I saw on somebodies klipper dashboard that it showed the control board temperature and the SBC temperature. I tried finding out how to do this on mine but no luck so far. Also I was told once you can create buttons on your klipper interface that do specific things. Again I cannot seem to find specific info on this.
Does anybody know where I can find this info so I can research it in more depth?

To your first question:

To the second, you don't "create buttons" in the direct sense. You write macros in klipper, which then show up as buttons
I now see this section in the mainsail in a different light, I was thinking about different things when I read "different sensors". Thank you, great pointer to what I needed.

With regards to those "buttons", this is also done with a macro, same as PRINT_START and PRINT_END macros?
Obviously I need to look these up as well to learn how its done. Again I was looking in the wrong place, I went to the settings within the dashboard to look for what to add and all that. Thanks again, great stuff.
(y)

Here's a specific example from my V0.2:

[temperature_sensor pi_3_mcu]
sensor_type: temperature_host
min_temp: 0
max_temp: 100

[temperature_sensor skr_pico_mcu]
sensor_type: temperature_mcu

[temperature_sensor picobilical_mcu]
sensor_mcu: umb

Each of the temperature sensors references a defined mcu.

Here's a specific example from my V0.2:

[temperature_sensor pi_3_mcu]
sensor_type: temperature_host

[temperature_sensor skr_pico_mcu]

[temperature_sensor picobilical_mcu]
sensor_mcu: umb

Each of the temperature sensors references a defined mcu.
I simply copied the klipper suggested code for the additional sensors and it works a treat. I do not have 2 control boards like some, my machine just has the single spider.
But, I hit another glitch. I am slightly colour blind and I have trouble with the red screen on the machine, it is really hard for me to read it in the standard red it is at.
On the dashboard I can change it to blue, RGB is at 0, 0, 255, but as soon as I try to put these values into the printer.cfg it complains that values have to be less then 1.
I tried several configurations but it keeps going back to red. How do I recalculate the RGB 0,0,255 into whatever klipper will accept?

I will be doing these soon. Just got the temps up and now I am connected to octoeverywhere so I can check the printer when I am not there and take action when I need to. I will get a webcam soon as well for this and link it up to moonraker app for IOS. All good stuff and takes a ton of time to set up but its needed.

Here is a copy of what it says in my cfg file about the screen colour:

FOUND NEW INFO I WILL TRY TONIGHT!
The last section has a duration after which it reverts back to those settings. Hopefully if I change those it will remain at my set colour.

[display]
# mini12864 LCD Display
lcd_type: uc1701
cs_pin: PC11
a0_pin: PD2
rst_pin: PC10
encoder_pins: ^PC6,^PC7
click_pin: ^!PA8
contrast: 63
#spi_bus: spi1
spi_software_mosi_pin: PA7
spi_software_miso_pin: PA6
spi_software_sclk_pin: PA5

[neopixel fysetc_mini12864]
# To control Neopixel RGB in mini12864 display
pin: PC12
chain_count: 3
initial_RED:0.0
initial_GREEN:0.0
initial_BLUE: 1.0
color_order: RGB

# Set RGB values on boot up for each Neopixel.
# Index 1 = display, Index 2 and 3 = Knob
[delayed_gcode setdisplayneopixel]
initial_duration: 1
gcode:
SET_LED LED=fysetc_mini12864 RED=1 GREEN=0 BLUE=0 INDEX=1 TRANSMIT=0
SET_LED LED=fysetc_mini12864 RED=1 GREEN=0 BLUE=0 INDEX=2 TRANSMIT=0
SET_LED LED=fysetc_mini12864 RED=1 GREEN=0 BLUE=0 INDEX=3

Question is why is the start colour not responding to these values and always is red? When I change the colour in the dashboard of klipper it works.

Last edited:
The colors given in the [neopixel] section are just in effect for a second or two while things are first starting up. After that, they're overridden by the colors in the delayed gcode section, which you appear to still have set to red

The colors given in the [neopixel] section are just in effect for a second or two while things are first starting up. After that, they're overridden by the colors in the delayed gcode section, which you appear to still have set to red
Sorry I forgot to return here after I found that out as well. My setup now does away with the timed output and all of it is in a blueish grey from the start. Much better to my eyes.