What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

How to adjust CW2 extruder grip strength?

evo_grind

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 r2 300mm
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I'm having print issues and am not really sure how to properly 'tune' the CW2 extruder... how do I know if its gripping the filament too loose or tight?
I have tried adjusting the thumbscrew adjuster to both extremes and can't really tell which position is appropriate or how to know. For some reason I have not been able to find any official guide on this, the build manual for V2.4 is not very specific on this.

Hi, I personally extrude into air and check on filament. It needs to have imprints of feeder gears teeths, but not to the point of deforming and squishing the filament. It is a bit of a... hardly quantifiable setting, which you set "by feel".

@Dave made good videos on how to set up gear meshing as well as filament tension. There is also video on how to set up anti-squish screw, which is also good to check for optimal extruder function. Hope these help.