What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

How to print remaining components?

Optix1974

Printer Model
VORON 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I don't know if this is the right forum for this question and I hope it's not a dumb question with an obvious answer, but here goes...

When you get the functional ABS parts from PIF or Etsy sellers, etc. they don't come with panel clips or the exhaust cover. It seems like both of these would be required to enclose the printer. It's my understanding that an enclosed chamber is required to print ABS. So, it seems like a chicken-and-egg situation. How do I print the panel clips and exhaust cover without an enclosed chamber? I'm also concerned about fumes so I have a Nevermore ready-to-go, but again, I need my chamber enclosed. Can I just tape them on with aluminum tape or something temporarily? Is that how this is handled?

Thanks.

I printed those parts in PLA, just to test my shiny new printer.
They came out almost perfect, what a difference from from my other crappy printers!
When my PLA parts start to sag, which I believe is imminent, I'll re-print them in ABS and hope the panels won't fall off until the print is done. :)

You could also attach the panels with ordinary packing tape, gaffer tape, rope or just about anything that will stop the panels from falling off.
Or cover the whole printer with a big cardboard box.
It's not supposed to last for very long anyway, only until you have printed the panel clips.

Keep in mind printing enclosed is "recommended" and not gospel. I see people printing ABS on Enders all the time. While getting the chamber up around 60c helps tremendously to fight warping, printing slow, and using hacks such as CURA's draft shield you can still have great success printing ASA or ABS.

I printed those parts in PLA, just to test my shiny new printer.
They came out almost perfect, what a difference from from my other crappy printers!
When my PLA parts start to sag, which I believe is imminent, I'll re-print them in ABS and hope the panels won't fall off until the print is done. :)

You could also attach the panels with ordinary packing tape, gaffer tape, rope or just about anything that will stop the panels from falling off.
Or cover the whole printer with a big cardboard box.
It's not supposed to last for very long anyway, only until you have printed the panel clips.
I’ve been doing some non critical brackets for mods out of PETG until I can print ABS, maybe I’ll do that here too.

ABS need a room temp to be above 75 to 80F not to have a enclosure. I would just use PLA to make the parts you need as they do not need the temp of ABS.

My house is always above 75 as I live in the tropics, but I suspect PLA won’t cut it as the panels are going to get quite warm as the chamber heats up. If not ABS I would at least do PETG. I don’t do any functional prints out of PLA in general. I need to print spare parts out of ABS anyway so I will definitely do those out of ABS at the same time, it’s just the interim that’s the issue. I don’t want to attach tape to the panels that’ll be hard to get off when I have the clips ready to go, so I think I’ll just stick them on with metal or Kapton tape temporarily. Thanks for your reply though.