What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

I accidently burned my M8P board. Can I replace this IC?

Muhammad Haziq

Hi all, i'm new member here trying to build a Voron suing M8P board....
I accidently drop a wire on my M8P board and it damage these 2 ICs.
I'm not sure what is that and i need to know what is it so i can replace the chip.
Please, i need help as it is hard to get the board in my country and quiet expensive for me.
So i want to try to repair it first.
Could someone tell me the name of the ICs and its function?

Thanks for your help.
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-23 at 09.47.55.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-23 at 09.47.32.jpeg

This is a tricky one. On the one hand, yes, btt does publish schematics for the boards, which can probably be used to work out what those two components are. The concern is, even if those are the only components with visible damage, it doesn't mean they're necessarily the only damage. So you may track down the replacements, only to discover that there's widespread further damage...

at any rate, the schematics are here:

This is a tricky one. On the one hand, yes, btt does publish schematics for the boards, which can probably be used to work out what those two components are. The concern is, even if those are the only components with visible damage, it doesn't mean they're necessarily the only damage. So you may track down the replacements, only to discover that there's widespread further damage...

at any rate, the schematics are here:
I agree with shiftingtech.
I would buy a new board and if you have the time and tools, try and replace the burnt components for a backup board.

Thank for your suggestion.
I have ordered a new board and i will try to replace the component to my old board. If it works, i got a spare board to use.

Thank you