What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Inconsistent home / centering speed?

evo_grind

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 r2 300mm
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
For some reason after the homing and gantry leveling routines, it then moves to the center of the bed before starting a print. The speed at which it moves to the center of the bed is not consistent for some reason, and often times goes EXTREMELY slow and it will take like 10 - 15 minutes. What is odd is that it is not reproducible with a given gcode file. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Probably whatever gcode is doing the move is a G0 or G1 with no speed specified, so it is using the speed of the previous G0/G1. Check the macro for such a command and make sure at least the first one has a F parameter (speed in mm/min).

For some reason after the homing and gantry leveling routines, it then moves to the center of the bed before starting a print. The speed at which it moves to the center of the bed is not consistent for some reason, and often times goes EXTREMELY slow and it will take like 10 - 15 minutes. What is odd is that it is not reproducible with a given gcode file. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I have seen this on my machine as well. It does not happen often but it sure is weird when it does.

Everything runs fine in the QGL, it finds the Zero afterwards - but when it moves to the center of the bed before starting the print it can sometimes (rarely) move so slow that it looks stopped.

I have not seen it in a while, and I don't think I have seen it since adding a nozzle wipe. I'll check the print start code per the above suggestion...

Probably whatever gcode is doing the move is a G0 or G1 with no speed specified, so it is using the speed of the previous G0/G1. Check the macro for such a command and make sure at least the first one has a F parameter (speed in mm/min).
I did find find the G0 line under the macros section of printer.cfg, I added the F3000 setting at the end and haven't noticed issues so far:
Code:
[gcode_macro PARK]
gcode:
    {% set th = printer.toolhead %}
    G0 X{th.axis_maximum.x//2} Y{th.axis_maximum.y//2} Z30 F3000

Reactions: ark