What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Input Shaper on v0.2-S1 LDO kit w/ picobilical

transonic_gecko

Voron Owner
Printer Model
v0.2
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Has anyone managed to get input shaper working on the picobilical toolhead board that comes with the LDO v0.2 kits? I haven't found much information in the LDO docs, and I'm hardware comms is really not my strong suit.

EDIT: It's working now with a RPi3B+, just not with RPi4 for some reason... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I got mine working a couple nights ago. I’m at work and not at home but when I get home I can look at my config and the list of links I saved during building. Did you copy the full LDO v0.2 printer.cfg file? I only made a couple small changes in there before following the input shaping setup.

I got mine working a couple nights ago. I’m at work and not at home but when I get home I can look at my config and the list of links I saved during building. Did you copy the full LDO v0.2 printer.cfg file? I only made a couple small changes in there before following the input shaping setup.
I did use the LDO v0.2 printer.cfg file, with minor edits (extruder direction was backwards, for instance). I'm looking through their file now on their github and it doesn't look like it has anything in there about the ADXL chip, or input shaping. Would appreciate a look at your printer.cfg file when you get time. Thanks!

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with Picobilical and RPi4 (or at least *my* RPi4). I swapped out the Pi4 with a 3B+ that I have and it worked just fine.
There was some discussion on Reddit a while back about issues with the Picobilical on the Pi4 specifically.

I suspected as much. I asked about it in the LDO server on Discord and they all acted clueless. :/
So looking back there was definitely an issue with the Picobilical and the Pi4 however it sounds different to what you're seeing.

I've wiped my Reddit history but I've got a few messages back and forth with someone else with the same issue. I was able to replicate it on a Pi4 but no issues with the 3B in my V0.. I couldn't even see the Picobilical MCUs with ls /dev/serial/by-id/* unless I pressed the reset button after startup.

So looking back there was definitely an issue with the Picobilical and the Pi4 however it sounds different to what you're seeing.

I've wiped my Reddit history but I've got a few messages back and forth with someone else with the same issue. I was able to replicate it on a Pi4 but no issues with the 3B in my V0.. I couldn't even see the Picobilical MCUs with ls /dev/serial/by-id/* unless I pressed the reset button after startup.
Yeah, that actually wasn't specific to the Pi4. A commit to the udev package broke the symlinks to /dev/serial/by-id so anyone who updated "system" ended up with a broken Klipper installation. As far as I can tell, this appears to have since been fixed.

Another issue I ran into with the RPi4 that I haven't with the 3B+ is that I had to unplug one of the boards from the Pi's USB ports (either the SKR Pico or the Umbilical -- didn't matter which) until after I flipped the power switch ON on the printer, or else the Pi wouldn't boot. Right after I flip the switch ON I could plug it back in and everything would be fine. Frustrating. The 3B+ works seemlessly, however, so I guess I'll stick with it.

Was this issue resolved as I can't boot the PI if the LDO ADXL hat is connected on my PI4b