What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Installing Tap on Voron 2.4 no Toolhead PCB...

SKIM3DP

Has anyone installed a Tap on a Voron without a toolhead PCB? I'm struggling knowing how to connect it to the Btt Octopus....

Hi, you can feed it +5V (or maybe +24 if you have such Optotap PCB) and V- from anywhere, for example PSU or bltouch connector. Then connect just the signal wire to any of endstops. You can use bat85 diode just to be sure no volts are being fed back to MCU. It's just a "fancy endstop" technically 🙂 Octopus has a dedicated Probe port, you can use that one as well.

Hi, you can feed it +5V (or maybe +24 if you have such Optotap PCB) and V- from anywhere, for example PSU or bltouch connector. Then connect just the signal wire to any of endstops. You can use bat85 diode just to be sure no volts are being fed back to MCU. It's just a "fancy endstop" technically 🙂 Octopus has a dedicated Probe port, you can use that one as well.
ok i actually figured it out but thanks!

I am having the same problem. I hooked up the TAP sensor the same way as the hall effect sensor as outlined in the manual that came with my formbot 2.4 r2 kit. Mine stays triggered in both positions, How would I define the probe in the printer config?

Though the question has been answered, why not also do a toolhead board? Either CAN or "normal"? Changes are, more or less, trivial.

My kit didn't come with one and being new to Voron, I wanted to get what I have working first.
In my post below I describe how I have it connected and working, and my printer.cfg is posted as well.
"I have Tap installed, voltage (24V) comes from PB7 on the Octopus, but sensor line is connected to PG15. The Endstops "Z" and "Probe" read correctly in Klipper when open (toolhead in lowered position) and triggered (toolhead held upwards)."

If you need anything else feel free to ping me.

In my post below I describe how I have it connected and working, and my printer.cfg is posted as well.
"I have Tap installed, voltage (24V) comes from PB7 on the Octopus, but sensor line is connected to PG15. The Endstops "Z" and "Probe" read correctly in Klipper when open (toolhead in lowered position) and triggered (toolhead held upwards)."

If you need anything else feel free to ping me.
Can you provide me with a picture of this?