What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Klicky probe variables

MrMitnick

Printer Model
Voron 2.4.r2 Rev.C LDO kit
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone would shed some light on setting up the variables for the Klicky probe dock. The part in the manual regarding this is somehow rocketscience to me.
I have the dock on the left side of the printer. I can manually pickup and dock the probe by jogging the toolhead. I have found that the position X:0 and Y:345 is where this interaction takes place. However if i use these values the docking process fails. The toolhead wants to go out of bounds on X ( the macro does a -30 somewhere) .

I don't understand this part of the manual, and i believe this is why my variables are wrong. Perhaps someone can help me explain this bit.

2023-06-03 17_29_40-Klicky-Probe_Printers_Voron_v1.8_v2.4_Legacy_Trident at main · jlas1_Klick...png

Last edited:
Figured it out! I had to also set the other variables down below.

#Dock move, final toolhead movement to release the probe on the dock
#it's a relative move
Variable_dockmove_x: 50
Variable_dockmove_y: 0
Variable_dockmove_z: 0

#Attach move. final toolhead movement to attach the probe on the mount
#it's a relative move
Variable_attachmove_x: 0
Variable_attachmove_y: 40
Variable_attachmove_z: 0

I have a question. I see you might have had similar issues as I am with the klicky. I have those variables set but I still have the issue of the klicky docking but it does not release.

Figured it out! I had to also set the other variables down below.

#Dock move, final toolhead movement to release the probe on the dock
#it's a relative move
Variable_dockmove_x: 50
Variable_dockmove_y: 0
Variable_dockmove_z: 0

#Attach move. final toolhead movement to attach the probe on the mount
#it's a relative move
Variable_attachmove_x: 0
Variable_attachmove_y: 40
Variable_attachmove_z: 0
Thank you so much for this! Was having the same issue and it was not clear what to do !!