What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO Nitehawk 24V

Ho-whizzle

Just purchased an LDO Nitehawk for the built input shaper and when installing I noticed that I don’t have a spare V+ on my PSU to power the USB board.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

What would be the best way to use WAGO's in this case StevenB... my setup is exactly as Ho-whizzle's and I need 24v to the Nitehawk USB adapter. I'm just uncertain of the safest way to achieve this from the PSU as I have no unused +V to connect too.

I would assume from PSU +V to WAGO, and from WAGO to whatever currently is using +V, and a second cable from WAGO to nighthawk. So you need a WAGO with at least 3 connections,

WAGOs are nothing more then .. splitter, or rails, or what ever you want to call it.

What would be the best way to use WAGO's in this case StevenB... my setup is exactly as Ho-whizzle's and I need 24v to the Nitehawk USB adapter. I'm just uncertain of the safest way to achieve this from the PSU as I have no unused +V to connect too.
You will not need wago for this as I found out that you can remove the original stealthburner toolhead PCB and trasnfer the pins to the USB adapter. You dont need PCB toolhead any more.
I recommend watching Modbot's video about the LDO nitehawk and he perfectly expalins all the process and issues faced when setting it up.

If you hace the exact same setup as me then you will highly face the same problem I have where you will get fandom shut down due to lost communiction with the MCU. Besides the random shut down the LDO nitehawk is great.

Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo E.jpeg
    Photo E.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi Ho-whizzle. The issue I am having is when booting up the printer. I get a connection error and the touch screen is non responsive. So I have to switch off the printer and try again... sometimes up to 3 - 4 times before it works / connects. I have not as yet had a lost communication error with the MCU once the printer is booted correctly.

Just to add, the above issue has only been happening since installing nitehawk sb. Other than that, I'm very happy with the Nitehawk mod.