What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO VORON KIT

I'm looking forward to picking up an LDO v2.4r2 300mm kit in a few months, as well as the significantly improved packaging compared to my first "kit" (Formbot). The packaging as well as quality control and customer care pretty much sold me on the kits. The extra cost over the Formbot is more than worth it in my eyes once we factor in that you're actually getting a wiring harness (instead of crimped wires that generally are the correct length), things are divided into sub-kits so it's a LOT easier to keep things tidy as well as find the next part you're looking for.

The LDO kits also come with black hardware, which works way better for my colour choices too.

Oh yeah, you'll also get an informative reply to your questions, even if they seem outright silly when you ask them.

digging the new screens - LDO improving again, than you Jason
Did they switch to touchscreens for the kits? If so, that’s incredible. My 2.4 kit came with a basic display, which is absolutely fine. I just didn’t want folks to be disappointed if they got a kit that didn’t have a touchscreen.

Last edited:
Did they switch to touchscreens for the kits? If so, that’s incredible. My kit came with a basic display, which is absolutely fine. I just didn’t want folks to be disappointed if they got a kit that didn’t have a touchscreen.
I think it's just the Trident kits that come with the touch screen, at least going by marketing pictures.

Having 5 of these kits now, I can say 5 thumbs up. A pleasure to build with plenty of spares and quality parts all around.

Having 5 of these kits now, I can say 5 thumbs up. A pleasure to build with plenty of spares and quality parts all around.

5?!?? Why do you need 5 printers? What are you, like one of the main PIF guys or something? ;)

(. . . and I’m waiting for the punch line of how many printers you actually currently have.)

10 printers in the house, 8 are vorons. I do print a lot of parts too but not all machines are busy, recently just 2-3 at a time.

So it sounds like the V0.2 kits will be out around the end of January beginning of February? I'm trying to decide if I should jump on the V0.1 S1 available now (with some discount) and add the S0.2 upgrade or just wait until the V0.2 kit is out. My planned timing on buying will be around that timeframe. Also, will there be a V0.2 S1 kit, or will it just have the S1 extras already included?

Looks like LDO updated the 2.4 kits to include Stealthburner parts, a Revo Voron hot end, and a touchscreen. As always, check your specific vendor to verify, but this sounds like a pretty spiffy upgrade.

Looks like LDO updated the 2.4 kits to include Stealthburner parts, a Revo Voron hot end, and a touchscreen. As always, check your specific vendor to verify, but this sounds like a pretty spiffy upgrade.
Yep. Ordered one this morning from 3djake (Italy). Shipping will be at the end of May.

I built one of the first batches of LDO V2.4r2 kits. I enjoyed it very much. I like that the kits keep improving based on user feedback and evolution of the printer itself. I do want to build a Trident 250 since it's so much fun! Keep up the good work @JsonFromLDO

I built one of the first batches of LDO V2.4r2 kits. I enjoyed it very much. I like that the kits keep improving based on user feedback and evolution of the printer itself. I do want to build a Trident 250 since it's so much fun! Keep up the good work @JsonFromLDO
Always try to make customers easy and happy, thanks for your feedback!

Good evening,
I'm looking for the 2.4 300mm.

But given the prices of Raspberry, I pre-ordered an Raspberry PI 5. Now the question: hardware and SO wise should be comparable and compatible with rpi4 while the power requirements worries me: the pi use a 12watts on the 5v rail in this case would be the octopus board on the kit able to supply the full amperage, given the standard (and in future) custom accessories plugged in?