What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Leviathan X and Y endstops always triggered

dafinch

Looking for some help. I tried discord already but only one person was really helping and he kept saying that I had a config wrong, bad wiring, or bad switch. So I've been through all of that. Then only thing I can't rule out is a bad config but I've recompiled Klipper and rebuild the printer config several times based on the LDO Trident Leviathan config. Hoping someone here can shed some light.

At this point I'm assuming I have a bad MCU. I have reached to LDO but not heard anything back. Expected as I don't expect them to work the weekend.

I did try sensorless homing using virtual endstops. Have this setup on my V0.2 with no issues. Seems as if the virtual endstops are also reporting triggered since the only movement on the toolhead is the reverse 10mm movement after the stallguard triggers. This does set the printer in a homed status and Z homes just fine. The problem is that it's homed wherever the printhead is and not at the back right corner where it should be homed. I've tried sensorless homing on the 2209 ports and the 5160 ports with the same results.

Problem: X and Y endstops show triggered regardless of configuration and pin settings
Equipment:
Printer: Trident 300 (Note this was a working printer with over 1500 hours on it before the Spider 1.2 board died)
MCU: Leviathan v1.2
Tool Head: NiteHawk SB
Controller: Raspberry Pi 3B+

Endstop
Microswitch Tested with Volt meter for continuity between open and closed (closed shows continuity)
Pins tested: Ground and Signal
Wiring: tested with volt meter for continuity tests good on ground and signal wire
Microswitch wire connected to GRD / SGNL
Leviathan X Endstop socket connected to GRD / SGNL (verified GRD to GRD and SGNL to SGNL)

NOTE: X and Z are currently connected to stepper 3 and stepper 4 to see if it was maybe an issue with the HV stepper ports
X Configuration (Y is setup the same just diff pins obviously)
[stepper_x]
step_pin: PG7
dir_pin: !PG6
enable_pin: !PC7
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 32
full_steps_per_rotation: 200 #set to 200 for 1.8 degree stepper
endstop_pin: ^PC1 # ^!PC1 !PC1 PC1
position_min: 0
position_endstop: 300
position_max: 300
homing_speed: 80 #Max 100
homing_retract_dist: 5
homing_positive_dir: true

## Make sure to update below for your relevant driver (2209 or 5160)
[tmc2209 stepper_x]
uart_pin: PG8
interpolate: false
run_current: 0.8
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0

Thanks in advance
DaFinch

Looking for some help. I tried discord already but only one person was really helping and he kept saying that I had a config wrong, bad wiring, or bad switch. So I've been through all of that. Then only thing I can't rule out is a bad config but I've recompiled Klipper and rebuild the printer config several times based on the LDO Trident Leviathan config. Hoping someone here can shed some light.

At this point I'm assuming I have a bad MCU. I have reached to LDO but not heard anything back. Expected as I don't expect them to work the weekend.

I did try sensorless homing using virtual endstops. Have this setup on my V0.2 with no issues. Seems as if the virtual endstops are also reporting triggered since the only movement on the toolhead is the reverse 10mm movement after the stallguard triggers. This does set the printer in a homed status and Z homes just fine. The problem is that it's homed wherever the printhead is and not at the back right corner where it should be homed. I've tried sensorless homing on the 2209 ports and the 5160 ports with the same results.

Problem: X and Y endstops show triggered regardless of configuration and pin settings
Equipment:
Printer: Trident 300 (Note this was a working printer with over 1500 hours on it before the Spider 1.2 board died)
MCU: Leviathan v1.2
Tool Head: NiteHawk SB
Controller: Raspberry Pi 3B+

Endstop
Microswitch Tested with Volt meter for continuity between open and closed (closed shows continuity)
Pins tested: Ground and Signal
Wiring: tested with volt meter for continuity tests good on ground and signal wire
Microswitch wire connected to GRD / SGNL
Leviathan X Endstop socket connected to GRD / SGNL (verified GRD to GRD and SGNL to SGNL)

NOTE: X and Z are currently connected to stepper 3 and stepper 4 to see if it was maybe an issue with the HV stepper ports
X Configuration (Y is setup the same just diff pins obviously)
[stepper_x]
step_pin: PG7
dir_pin: !PG6
enable_pin: !PC7
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 32
full_steps_per_rotation: 200 #set to 200 for 1.8 degree stepper
endstop_pin: ^PC1 # ^!PC1 !PC1 PC1
position_min: 0
position_endstop: 300
position_max: 300
homing_speed: 80 #Max 100
homing_retract_dist: 5
homing_positive_dir: true

## Make sure to update below for your relevant driver (2209 or 5160)
[tmc2209 stepper_x]
uart_pin: PG8
interpolate: false
run_current: 0.8
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0

Thanks in advance
DaFinch
Ok. after some poking around I found X and Y endstop configs in the default nitehawk-sb.cfg. This is probably something that should be discussed in the Nitehawk documentation as a note to disable this if you are wiring to the MCU or if you're using Sensorless Homing. There is a FAQ question on it but the response doesn't really address the MCU pins conflicting with the toolhead pins.

Thanks,
DaFinchj