What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

M600?

msaeger

Trying to get M600 to work. I am copying the macro from the klipper github which is:

# M600: Filament Change. This macro will pause the printer, move the
# tool to the change position, and retract the filament 50mm. Adjust
# the retraction settings for your own extruder. After filament has
# been changed, the print can be resumed from its previous position
# with the "RESUME" gcode.

[pause_resume]

[gcode_macro M600]
gcode:
{% set X = params.X|default(50)|float %}
{% set Y = params.Y|default(0)|float %}
{% set Z = params.Z|default(10)|float %}
SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=M600_state
PAUSE
G91
G1 E-.8 F2700
G1 Z{Z}
G90
G1 X{X} Y{Y} F3000
G91
G1 E-50 F1000
RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=M600_state

The print pauses at the desired height but I get the error !! Move out of range: 230.000 230.000 12.000 [327.953]

Is there somewhere I need to be specifying the park position or another parameter or does someone have another macro to try?

My M600 asks where you want the toolhead to move to so you click the dropdown and it asks for X Y and Z.

So I have the default X and Y set to like 0 or 5 (front left) and I tell Z to move to like 300 or something high. I don't have my config with me to show it.

My M600 asks where you want the toolhead to move to so you click the dropdown and it asks for X Y and Z.

So I have the default X and Y set to like 0 or 5 (front left) and I tell Z to move to like 300 or something high. I don't have my config with me to show it.
Thanks for replying! When you say your M600 asks where you want to put the tool head do you mean in the fluidd interface or in the slicer?

Are you talking about this drop down?

Screenshot_20230614-201322~2.png

I tried setting x and y to 5 there but I still got move out of range 230.000 230.000. Is there somewhere in the slicer I need to set the parking location?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614-201322.png
    Screenshot_20230614-201322.png
    142 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok I figured out where the 230x230 position was coming from. I have a file called kiauh_macros which has a pause print macro in there and it was set to park at 230 x 230. I changed that to 5 x 5 and now it pauses where I tell it in prusa slicer and starts again when I hit the resume button.

So now I have a cancel, M600, pause, and resume buttons not sure the M600 button really does anything because when I set the coordinates there it ignored them but I think I need that macro for kilpper to recognize the M600 from prusa slicer. Not sure if this is the right way to do it? Any suggestions?