What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Maybe im mad.. gradually ordering Voron parts.

RetroCCTech

Well, I've been into 3d printers for over 9 years. Building my first printer from complete scratch in the early days over 9 years ago. It was based on the Makerbot wooden frame type. I modified it to be larger than the original design (Its still in the garge for evidence!). This was a build solely based on a personal challenge and to prove 3d printing from home was real and not some fantasy creation made up by some crazy Internet Trolls!. Being the early days, I was very sceptical but loved a good challenge. Well, the build worked! But with the usual faults, vibration, bed levelling and stepper issues. Over the years I moved to the Ender 3 (heavily modified now) and the CR10 (More modified than the Ender as it was salvaged from a Skip, I guess 3D printing doesn't agree with everyone!!). I am now building the Voron 2.4 350 from various sources. I love the challenge as well as preparing for the inevitable issues. While waiting for the parts, I gave in and decided to build the MPCNC Primo and the Lowrider 3 CNC machines at the same time. Admittedly, one machine is enough, but three... yep my wife is getting a little annoyed with all the bits lying around all over the place :). However, after this.... Good news, she has offered to pay 50% for a man-cave at the end of the garden this year!. I'm hoping to set-up cameras and record some of the work I tinker with which may help others in the future. Bottom line, just spent another £450 on Voron 2.4 parts (wife doesn't know, so, shhh please!!) excluding the parts I'm still waiting for from AliExpress (another £350). I will start building this beast one day soon. The credit card can be paid off over time!. Hopefully, when the bits arrive I can start the build. Annoyingly I cannot print ABS cureent (tried but 98c hearbed is not enough and is the limit with my CR10), so, I'm awaiting a 220v heatbed for my Ender 3 tonprint the Voron parts. I have a Creality Elenclosure thing (£90) which should do the trick. Being a custom build I prefer to print everything myself ANYWAY I can! It gives me far more satisfation to do it that way as I'm geeky like that :). Well, I'm still waiting for the deliveries for now. This weekend is dedicated to the Lowrider 3 CNC beast! VORON 2.4 350 is on the near horizon..... DOH, HOW MUCH?! Credit card is burning! Oh well, just have to go on a diet for the next few months!

Well, I've been into 3d printers for over 9 years. Building my first printer from complete scratch in the early days over 9 years ago. It was based on the Makerbot wooden frame type. I modified it to be larger than the original design (Its still in the garge for evidence!). This was a build solely based on a personal challenge and to prove 3d printing from home was real and not some fantasy creation made up by some crazy Internet Trolls!. Being the early days, I was very sceptical but loved a good challenge. Well, the build worked! But with the usual faults, vibration, bed levelling and stepper issues. Over the years I moved to the Ender 3 (heavily modified now) and the CR10 (More modified than the Ender as it was salvaged from a Skip, I guess 3D printing doesn't agree with everyone!!). I am now building the Voron 2.4 350 from various sources. I love the challenge as well as preparing for the inevitable issues. While waiting for the parts, I gave in and decided to build the MPCNC Primo and the Lowrider 3 CNC machines at the same time. Admittedly, one machine is enough, but three... yep my wife is getting a little annoyed with all the bits lying around all over the place :). However, after this.... Good news, she has offered to pay 50% for a man-cave at the end of the garden this year!. I'm hoping to set-up cameras and record some of the work I tinker with which may help others in the future. Bottom line, just spent another £450 on Voron 2.4 parts (wife doesn't know, so, shhh please!!) excluding the parts I'm still waiting for from AliExpress (another £350). I will start building this beast one day soon. The credit card can be paid off over time!. Hopefully, when the bits arrive I can start the build. Annoyingly I cannot print ABS cureent (tried but 98c hearbed is not enough and is the limit with my CR10), so, I'm awaiting a 220v heatbed for my Ender 3 tonprint the Voron parts. I have a Creality Elenclosure thing (£90) which should do the trick. Being a custom build I prefer to print everything myself ANYWAY I can! It gives me far more satisfation to do it that way as I'm geeky like that :). Well, I'm still waiting for the deliveries for now. This weekend is dedicated to the Lowrider 3 CNC beast! VORON 2.4 350 is on the near horizon..... DOH, HOW MUCH?! Credit card is burning! Oh well, just have to go on a diet for the next few months!
One thing to note, based on my comments... I would say home CNC as well as 3D printing are now very much integrated together for the creative home user. These two, combined, can present many possibilites. It is far more affordable now, but it is still a learning curve as well as a challenge to get into! There are so many possibilities for prototyping from home now for the average person like me. Anyone taking on this venture will love it, but will have the usual frustrations on their way! That is the fun part most of the time though :). I'm looking forward to being a Voron 2.4 owner soon! Currently an Ender 3, CR10, Lowrider 3, MPCNC Primo and a 9 year old custom built 3D printer owner with plans for more upgrades:). Keeps me out of mischief according to wifey! If you are thinking about Voron, don't! Just go for it, there are a lot of potential opportunities with it!