What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Meanwell LRS-150-24 Failure?

mtjfz

Printer Model
v0.2r1
Just checking around to see if anyone has experienced a failure with the Meanwell LRS-150-24 Power Supply called out on the Voron BOM for this build. Everything had been working well, but after moving my printer and plugging it in, I'm getting 0VDC output at the +V connector on the PSU. No magic smoke noticed at any time, but it is putting off an aroma of cooked epoxy and the green LED isn't lit. I have a new one on order, however, I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with this PSU, and if so, are there any alternatives that will fit in the same space?

The reason for picking Meanwell is they are one of, if not the best in the market for quality.

I don't doubt that, I've been using their server PSU's for some time, and haven't had a negative experience. I guess the qury was more to ask if meanwell has something of similar perfomance and form factor to fit in the same space as the LRS. Either way, I got a new one in hand today, hooked it up with the same result. No green indicator LED on the PSU, so I'm going to replace the IEC-GS-1-1100 switch upstream. It's feeling mushy, and the multi-meter is indicating an open circuit on the blue (N) wire regardless if the switch is on or off. I'm not a pro, but I don't think it's supposed to do that. Update in a few days, or whenever it gets here.

Is this in a V0?
Yes there are a few others that are similar in size and performance but this one has the best cooling I believe.

Is this in a V0?
Yes there are a few others that are similar in size and performance but this one has the best cooling I believe.
It is a V0, Formbot v0.2r1 kit. Confirmed bad switch, r&r, now it powers up! No idea when or where that switch could've gotten bumped or otherwise suffered physical damage, but it was bad on the blue side. Once I got it out you could see something was off

It is a V0, Formbot v0.2r1 kit. Confirmed bad switch, r&r, now it powers up! No idea when or where that switch could've gotten bumped or otherwise suffered physical damage, but it was bad on the blue side. Once I got it out you could see something was off
Nice, glad you found the source of the issue.