What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Migrate to an umbilical

Eremius

I have a 2.4r2 350 and I am looking to get rid of the drag chains.

Can someone suggest a file (or files) for:
1) Attaching the umbilical to the head
2) Attaching the umbilical to the rear gantry without the use of specialty cables
3) moving x/y endstops

Bonus points if this is an all-in-one set of stl's that are meant to work together.

I have found some pieces but their ability to work together is questionable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Assuming that you are using SB/CW2? or is it a different setup?
Also, are you converting to canbus with a separate board, or do you want an umbilical solution for all (14?) of the existing wires?

This is only my opinion, if you're going to all the trouble to disassemble the printer to get rid of the drag chains, I would just convert to a canbus toolhead and minimize the number of wires going to the toolhead. Otherwise I would recommend getting a toolhead board so you only have 1 plug to remove to take the toolhead off if you need to.

Assuming that you are using SB/CW2? or is it a different setup?
Also, are you converting to canbus with a separate board, or do you want an umbilical solution for all (14?) of the existing wires?
It is afterburner. I am actually converting back from canbus as I had terrible luck with it.
So it would be the full 14 wires.

Otherwise I would recommend getting a toolhead board so you only have 1 plug to remove to take the toolhead off if you need to.
Yes, I have a toolhead board. (West3D)

I just don't want to run it back through the drag chains when there is a better option available.

I was using an RS485 canhat with a HUVUD board. It would work for a little bit but would become disconnected after sitting for a while.