What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Mini Stealthburner on larger printers?

m00dawg

Poking around seems like some folks have tried/done this, but I was curious what some of the pros and cons might be? I've been looking at how well my V0 prints with the Mini-SB and had me wondering why not use that on my 2.4 or Trident? To be clear I don't necessarily plan on doing that, both the 2.4 and Trident are rocking Galileo 2 and printing quite well so "if it ain't broke...". It might be something I might want to explore perhaps in the future. Though I'm not really in the need for speed on any of my printers.

in fact they all just have Revo's which also begs the question if the Mini-SB is good enough to go reasonably fast on a V0, using a lighter toolhead on the larger printers might have positive results for input shaping and things?

The Stelathburner setup seems a bit easier to work on, and the LEDs are way more useful than I ever imagined and it allows for modularity between extruders and hotends. Seems like it has better room for both heatsink and nozzle cooling as well. Mini-SB is a little harder to work on, but not terribly so (noting how much of a pain the Prusa MK3 extruder is to mess with), uses smaller fans for everything, is an all in one, I would guess has less cooling capacity but is certainly smaller/lighter.

Mostly idly curious more than anything. I've had this question in my head for weeks now and haven't found a lot of comparisons between these so thought I would just go ahead and poll the community.

I might be a little late to the party, but the Mini Stealth would also be a good option for a V2.4 or a Trident and a new version has just been released. It uses a pair of 4010 blowers with extra air guides so the part cooling should be at least on par with a full sized Stealthburner. It even fits the Galileo SA so you could use your existing extruder parts.

I just swapped my V0.2 to a Dragon Burner + G2SA and I'm really liking it. No, it isn't as pretty as the Stealthburner, but it's doing the job I needed on that printer.

I'm perfectly happy with the regular SB on the Trident, and yes, it's pretty easy to work on. The Dragon Burner is more challenging because it's so shrunk down.