What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Mobileraker - Control Klipper via Phone

Pad

This is a thread for mobileraker.

Discuss problems and propose features you are missing in the app!

What on earth is Mobileraker?
Mobileraker works as a simple UI for Klipper on the phone. Connect it to an existing moonraker installation and control the printer.

🧰 With Mobileraker, the user has access to critical machine commands:
  • Pause, Resume, Stop a print job
  • Monitor the print progress
  • Control all axis of the machine
  • Control the heaters
  • Get the current temperature readings
  • Control fans
  • Control pins like LEDs
  • Send GCode Macros
  • Emergency Stop the machine

In addition, Mobileraker offers
  • GCode Terminal
  • Monitoring via WebCam
  • PowerAPI Support
  • Exclude Object API
  • and much more...

Mobileraker Companion
Mobileraker companion adds support for remote notification regarding the print progress and status.
Android notes: Currently, the push services rely on Google Services only.
iOS notes: Due to the strict energy-saving policies of apple, mobileraker should be started once and kept in the background to receive notifications. Still, some notifications might get blocked by the OS.

Get Mobileraker now for free:
Google_Play-414141.png
App_Store-0D96F6.png

Checkout the GitHub pages:
Mobileraker-303030.png Mobileraker_Companion-303030.png

Last edited:
I like this app a lot. Overall, much better than Octopod which I use on other printers.

One issue: you talked about some difficulties with iOS notifications. I definitely find they aren’t very ‘timely’. Often they arrive several minutes after they should.

One feature request (although it really leans on timely notifications, so that would have to be resolved first): Octopod let’s me input a layer number (or several) for custom alerts. I use this a lot when say… I want to see how a particular bridge does, but don’t want to keep checking to see how close I am to that layer, nice to set an alert for one layer before, then I can head over and watch it print.

I like this app a lot. Overall, much better than Octopod which I use on other printers.

One issue: you talked about some difficulties with iOS notifications. I definitely find they aren’t very ‘timely’. Often they arrive several minutes after they should.

One feature request (although it really leans on timely notifications, so that would have to be resolved first): Octopod let’s me input a layer number (or several) for custom alerts. I use this a lot when say… I want to see how a particular bridge does, but don’t want to keep checking to see how close I am to that layer, nice to set an alert for one layer before, then I can head over and watch it print.
I am currently rewriting the notification system to resolve the issues on iOs. I will open the beta testing the next few days hopefully.
Regarding layer notifications, I am most likely to add a special Gcode or listen to a special M117 message that will also trigger notifications. Implementing it like they ensures that users have the highest control over the notifications since i also got requests to enable notifications after a certain heat soaking period and similar.

I loved OctoPod for my Ender 3, I've definitely missed notifications since building my Voron. I hadn't learned about Mobileraker Companion until now, going to give it a try. Minor, but I also miss all the Estimate/Slicer timing info from the web dashboard. Great app, keep it up!