What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Moving from ERCF to xxx-changer

michaelmichael

Hi, I had an ERCF V1.1 which I have converted to an ERCF V2.0
I just cannot get this running properly (with my v2.4). I have done calibrations over and over, but luck is not on my side, there's problems with grip on the triple decky, there's problems with stuck filament in the standard flow Phaetus Dragon Hotend, there's problems with filament not properly parked in the filament block ... my patience is very big, and I DID solve the one or the other problem with the great help of the guys from the ERCF channel on the Voron Discord, but I need to take action now if I seriously want Multimaterial Printing.

I thought about changing plans towards an xxx-changer (Stealthchanger or Tapchanger).
From what I can sense, it seems that the Tapchanger has a slightly bigger community, but I'm unsure which one to chose.

Do you have any decision help on either of them? Or would you have any last straw in the ERCF swamp for me?
Thank you in advance for your advice
Kind regards
Michael

Tapchanger came first, so it is natural that it would have a bigger community. But the simplicity of StealthChanger sure is appealing. I have no experience with either, and I'm just some guy on the internet, but if I was to build one, I would try the StealthChanger first.

Another option is the Trad Rack from Annex Engineering. They showed a video of it way back in June of 2022, but after closed and then public beta periods, it finally had its first public release last month. User reports are that it is distinctly more compact, uses fewer parts, and is easier to build than ERCF.