What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My Voron story and more.

husa550

Here we go....
My journey towards Voron started by a friend that got a Creality CR 10.
He is a man that would have all the toy's in the world if he could, but not really know how to use them.
Anyway, Creality came up with a bigger model and my friend offcourse bought that one.
He started to nag me to buy he's older CR10.
I first refused becouse i thought that the machine would end up collecting dust after the first week's of use.
Time went on and my friend continued to nag me and said that i could borrow the machine.
I then decided that i can borrow it and return it before it start to collect dust.
Went ahead and started to tinkering with it and really liked that.
Ended up buying the machine and did some upgrades.

After about a year my friend got in finance trouble so i bought hi's other 3d printer to.
At that time i discovered Voron and the 2.4!
Just had to have a 2.4 so i bought a Voron 2.4 R1 350 kit from Formbot and plastics from a PIF.
Dragon HF, Octopus 1.1 and inductiv hight.
I have for the moment 1204 hour of print time with that machine and it work pretty good!
It is very reliable, havent had any hardware problem at all.
Now i want to upgrade to Stealthburner, TAP and ERCF.

BUT

The machine works really well.
I have a complete stealthburner with new Dragon HF hotend put together including TAP.
All hardware to do the upgrades.
I hesitate to start the upgrades because, don't mend with stuff that works :)
And i find it hard to get instructions of the upgrades, especially about the electronics and klipper config.
I'm thinking of use the machine until it brakes and then i have to fix it and then do the upgrades. ;)
If any of you have some links that my help me in my upgrade adventures, please feel free to share!

I hesitate to start the upgrades because, don't mend with stuff that works :)
:LOL: He thinks he's not going to mod his Voron... :ROFLMAO:

But seriously. Yes, tearing down your only working printer to mod it is working without a safety net. Since you have another printer already it's not as big a deal. Lots of upgrades aren't that big a deal to do, start small. Modding these printers is one of the big attractions, it's just so easy to do with the design. They practically beg you to do it.

:LOL: He thinks he's not going to mod his Voron... :ROFLMAO:

But seriously. Yes, tearing down your only working printer to mod it is working without a safety net. Since you have another printer already it's not as big a deal. Lots of upgrades aren't that big a deal to do, start small. Modding these printers is one of the big attractions, it's just so easy to do with the design. They practically beg you to do it.
My Voron is the only printer i have now!
Creality machines are sold.