What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Need help with bridging settings

EndlessHunt

Hi.
In general I'm quite happy with my settings. I'm printing parts for my LDO Voron 2.4R2 300.
I'm using Simplify3D 5.1.2 and are printing the parts on my Anycubic Kobra Go that I'm running on Klipper/Mainsailos.
Basic setting give an acceptable quality at this time considering it is the cheapest little bedslinger I could get.
I'm using eSun ABS+ at 240C on the nozzle and 100C on the bed
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 15.08.25.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 15.08.24.jpeg

And the problem areas - bridging and thin/small areas

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 15.08.24 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-08-26 at 15.15.37.jpeg

I would appreciate any help with bridging as I do not understand the basics of good bridging at this time

Blessings

This looks like it's not detecting at all that those are any bridges and not treating them like that, adjusting bridge flow, speed and cooling. I am not familiar with S3D, can you force it to detect those as bridges? Are you using part cooling fan when printing?

If I may suggest, can you try different slicer? I have good experience with Prusa Slicer, has very usable VORON profiles you can use once you build yours, and I haven't seen it having issues with bridging in that slicer. With Cura you may want to set Experimental Bridging to get results similar to Prusa Slicer. Super Slicer has even some additional setting which allow for truly beautiful bridges but I think at this point you will be happy with anything but this.

Hi Sanity, S3D does detect it. It is the areas coloured yellow in the image below.

1693121522340.png

I just do not have a clue as what to tell it to do with the bridges. This is my setting at the moment

1693121685593.png

Thanx, was slowly getting to the same conclusion.
I need to do a systematic and complete run through/tuning of the printer.
I have never before had to do proper bridging as I always avoided prints with it, or just lived with the bad bridging.
I now want to solve it for my own betterment but do not understand the basics of bridging.
Not just do this or do that but why you need to do it. -- Give a man a fish - or teach him to fish --

Hi, I've switched to SuperSlicer and have been playing with settings.
Improved the bridging but still need to work on overhangs
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 10.54.35.jpeg
First layer still need some work done
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 10.54.35 (1).jpeg

and got the top layer a lot better as well

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 10.54.34 (2).jpeg

Any advice on how to improve tings further would be welcome.