What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Neopixel and bigtreetech manta mp8 problem

Mike Eitel

Hi
I can't get any neopixel running on my mp8.
I defined them in printer.cfg with the correct pins and also see them under miscalaneous.
Can change colors. Also using macros change the color there.

Measuring (both) dedicated pins with an oscilloscope shows no signal. Always stays on ground.
Testing with a resistor to 5v doesn't shows signal neither..
Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Obs, what happened? I really like that "compressed" solution.
And I have diverse kind of bigtreetech MB's. Only killed an skr pro, when making a fast short between 3.3 and 12v when messuring.

Not sure what happened, I put the board in a printer I was converting from some old RAMPS boards and it just let out the magic smoke. I pulled in and threw in a Octopuss and all was good.
I can't chalk it up to bad wiring since I just moved them all over unless I reversed something on plug in but that seems a little unlikely.

Assuming you have the pins correct, maybe it needs a way to send the signal? Can you post the printer.cfg and if you have a separate file for the Neopixels?

Here a complete config directory.
MP8 / CM4_4GB_32EERAM_not used wifi / Pi-TFT50 / V1 camera but will be V3 soon.

Klipperscreen is a beauty.

V1 Camera is prepared and libcamera see's it.
But klipper streaming is not yet finnished for bullseye. camera is mounted and cabled and will work as soon stable version is there.

In the macros/test.cfg I'm stiil im phase to make a test for Z-axis mechanical possibilities.
XY is already tested and configured. And no, I will not run my printer extreme.

I mostly print ASA and already the results are much better with this not yet optimized machine...

Mike

Attachments

• config.zip
    29 KB · Views: 6
Looks like you have it called correctly from the top of my head.

I see you are saving #PB15 but toss it unless you think you might come back to that pin. I don't think you would need a pullup added but can't hurt to try.
Like this pin: ^PC6
Not sure what else to try.

#[output_pin caselight]
# Chamber Lighting - HE1 Connector (Optional)
#pin: PB5
#pwm:true
#shutdown_value: 0
#value:1
#cycle_time: 0.01

[neopixel Led_1]
pin: PC6
chain_count: 15
color_order: GRB
initial_RED: 1.0
initial_GREEN: 0.0
initial_BLUE: 0.0

[delayed_gcode setled_1]
initial_duration: 1
gcode:
SET_LED LED=Led_1 RED=1 GREEN=0 BLUE=0 TRANSMIT=1

[neopixel Led_2]
pin: PA9 #PB15
chain_count: 15
color_order: GRB
initial_RED: 0.0
initial_GREEN: 1.0
initial_BLUE: 1.0

[delayed_gcode setled_2]
initial_duration: 1
gcode:
SET_LED LED=Led_2 RED=0 GREEN=1 BLUE=1 TRANSMIT=1

Yes, i'm quite sure that the config is OK. (The story of ^ is not of help, tested that by external resistor to both sides, oscilloscope shows nothing. And I have quite some esp/neopixel expirience.

My guess is now the firmware. I try to get in the bigtreetech mp8 GitHub repository an answer... Nothing until now.

Yes, i'm quite sure that the config is OK. (The story of ^ is not of help, tested that by external resistor to both sides, oscilloscope shows nothing. And I have quite some esp/neopixel expirience.

My guess is now the firmware. I try to get in the bigtreetech mp8 GitHub repository an answer... Nothing until now.
Yeah, I think you might be right in looking at the firmware. Maybe flash it again? Not getting a signal at all is strange. Keep us posted and If I think of anything I will be back.

For sure...
Just everything is mounted nicely and inserting into mcu card slot is fidely...
So I hope to get an educated answer before I go that way...
Especially as everything beside of that works like a charm.
Best 3D prints.... since Marlin 1.5 ;-)

Mike