What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved No trigger after full movement

orge

On an octopus 1.1 I get no trigger after full movement
my probe is :
[probe]
pin: !PG15

Iit stops 5 mm above the build plate.
My min is -5 mm
How can I test that the probe is actually working ?

Hi, what kind of probe it is? If it's inductive, can you provide exact model number? To test it, put some metal object under it, like wrench, and run QUERY_ENDSTOPS.
Can you also post whole Z Endstop, QGL and Probe section of the config?

On an octopus 1.1 I get no trigger after full movement
my probe is :
[probe]
pin: !PG15

Iit stops 5 mm above the build plate.
My min is -5 mm
How can I test that the probe is actually working ?
I was working through similar error msgs last night while trying to get my V2.42 with a Biqu Microprobe set up. For me the answer was, partially at least, that my Z endstop stood up about 10 mm above the bed, so my -8 wasn't enough for the min. I changed it to -18 temporarily and it worked.

Most commonly this happens when your bed or gantry is so out of whack before QGL that is exceeds tolerances set in configuration. Usually happens when back of the gantry sags after motors are turned off.

Most commonly this happens when your bed or gantry is so out of whack before QGL that is exceeds tolerances set in configuration. Usually happens when back of the gantry sags after motors are turned off.
Old thread back from the dead!

That's my problem on occasion as well. I need to manually level the gantry to get it to work properly. A bit of a pain.

Is there anyway to adjust the tolerance so that:

a) the head wil rise up more between probe so it doesn't drag
b) Allow for more vertical Z motion when probing so it will actually touch the bed?

I don't see any adjustments in the reference document. I did go to 15mm on the "horizontal_move_z" setting. Not sure if that's the correct one or not.

Code:
[quad_gantry_level]
gantry_corners:
    -60,-10
# Probe points
speed: 150
horizontal_move_z: 15
retries: 5
retry_tolerance: 0.01 #0.0075
max_adjust: 8

Old thread back from the dead!

That's my problem on occasion as well. I need to manually level the gantry to get it to work properly. A bit of a pain.

Is there anyway to adjust the tolerance so that:

a) the head wil rise up more between probe so it doesn't drag
b) Allow for more vertical Z motion when probing so it will actually touch the bed?

I don't see any adjustments in the reference document. I did go to 15mm on the "horizontal_move_z" setting. Not sure if that's the correct one or not.

Code:
[quad_gantry_level]
gantry_corners:
    -60,-10
# Probe points
speed: 150
horizontal_move_z: 15
retries: 5
retry_tolerance: 0.01 #0.0075
max_adjust: 8
a) horizontal_move_z: 15 moves the head up so raise that
b) I have no idea - when you have the level you can just adjust your z-offset so it fits.