What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Over extruding in some areas

EvilleRock

Printer Model
V2.4 350
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
I’m trying to print a NeverMore and one area looks terrible. Looks to me like over extrusion. I’m wondering what would cause this. Bad bed mesh? Mechanical problems/loose screws?
Any help will be appreciated.

If it's only for this one model, try and different slicer. And like fargonaz mentioned, a Picture can help greatly.

What does the bed side look like. There might be a bubble where it didn't adhere, which would be a mesh/1st layer problem.
To be honest, I haven't peeled it off the plate yet. I'm going to guess the bottom is flat, as I didn't see a problem until layer 14. I'll verify that this evening.

If it's only for this one model, try and different slicer. And like fargonaz mentioned, a Picture can help greatly.
I never would have guessed that a different slicer might be a solution. I use SuperSlicer. Can you recommend a different slicer that could correct the localized problem?

I never would have guessed that a different slicer might be a solution. I use SuperSlicer. Can you recommend a different slicer that could correct the localized problem?
Try Cura. Also, have you done any calibration tests? SS has them built in and Teaching Tech just released a video on them today.

I used Cura for a couple of years. Now I use SuperSlicer. I feel like it was a good move. I have done calibration tests, both built-in SS test and Andrew Ellis' guide. Of course there is always room for improvement on my end. What has me stumped is that the problem seems to be in just one location. I'll work on it some more this evening.

My gut tells me that my last bed mesh calibration isn't all that it should be. I'll heat soak longer and try a 9x9 instead of a 5x5. That should get the area of concern closer to a probe point. I'll also put bed mesh calibration back in my PRINT_START. (I took it out because, you know, lack of patience.)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sounds like it’s not a calibration issue then unless you got a clog or something to that nature.
The one thing I take away from years of printing is if you get what seems to be a random issue, change slicers.
My primary is SS and cura, and will still use S3D sometimes.
Keep us posted

It looks like fucked up top layer after too sparse infill. Or in general a top layer with bad supportiing geometry.