What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Poor external wall quality

NewEdge

Im having an issue with external walls not looking so good. Ive been struggling with it for a little while and cant see to figure it out. I followed Ellis's tuning guide to a T and tried my own tunes but I cant resolve the issue. I have made sure that the mesh for the extruder is good, tried different temps, PA settings (close to the best results), smoothing, external walls first, different extrusion widths and checked over my EM to make it as close as I can to being "perfect". If anyone has any ideas how I can improve the walls it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 24
  • 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 26
If you went and tried to tune everything, I would say next would be hardware. CW2? Try rebuilding the extruder. If that is not it redo the gantry. I mean take it apart and realign it and put it back together. Make sure you belts are tuned.

If you went and tried to tune everything, I would say next would be hardware. CW2? Try rebuilding the extruder. If that is not it redo the gantry. I mean take it apart and realign it and put it back together. Make sure you belts are tuned.
yeah, i went through all of that before posting. I cant seem to figure it out. I did a new extruder 50 tooth as well.

Okay what motors and drivers are you using? Maybe try to bump voltage.

Its an LDO Kit so they are LDO-42STH48-2004MAH. I havent messed with voltages before as i never needed to not even on my 2.4 or V0. Ill look into it for sure.