What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Poor input shaper results

triafgg@

Hi

Just building a new 2.4, 300x300. I have set up input shaper with an ADXL345 but the results are absolutely awful. It is a self sourced build with Hiwin rails, quality stainless bolts, Gates belts, NJK bearings everywhere so I was expecting it to be quite good but was shocked by how bad the results are. I have made sure everything is tight, there is no movement at the toolhead, it seems really firm. The belts are tight, all grub screws are tight with loctite. The frame is very square, virtually a hairs width in any direction, the printer is on a firm base with TPU feet to help with vibrations. The Y shaper is showing lots of movement on Z but I can't really see that when looking at it. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Attachments

• shaper_calibrate_x4.png
    shaper_calibrate_x4.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 80
  • shaper_calibrate_y4.png
    shaper_calibrate_y4.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 79
I am sure you know these things can be hard to pinpoint. I am not expert in this area but I will share a video that I learned a lot from.

Also remember that the graphs are recommended and not gospel. Try and do a print with each outcome to ensure the recommended works with your setup.

I am sure you know these things can be hard to pinpoint. I am not expert in this area but I will share a video that I learned a lot from.

Also remember that the graphs are recommended and not gospel. Try and do a print with each outcome to ensure the recommended works with your setup.
Hi

Many thanks for your reply. Yes I saw this video and that made me realise how bad my results were. I am still waiting parts so can't print yet, I have just the motion, bed, software etc finished but thought I would see how it looked. I am guessing the prints will be really bad based on these results but with the quality parts installed and the fact that I have checked and double checked that everything is tight I fail to see anything good coming of this. Hopefully should be at a printing stage by the end of the week so we'll see, not very optimistic though.

Ahhh, on the contrary, even with results like this you can have prints that look okay or even good. Wait until you get a few parts printed, check belt tension and looks for any lose bolts and run it again. After the "break in" it may look very different.
And keep in mind this can help reduce the ringing affect, but with slightly slower speeds you won't see them and the accel that it recommended is not bad at all.