What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Print quality mysteries ?

Matt

Hi guys,
Long story short my Voron Trident has always produced me really high quality prints but ever since re installing Klipper and updating my printer config, replacing max_accel_to_decel: with min cruise ratio I've been having some really strange print quality issues that I can not figure out.
I'm not sure if this is hardware or software related but So far I've taken apart my stealthburner / cw2, all Y Axis A/B drive idler pully bearings, gears
linear rails, cleaned and made sure everything is good working order. I used revo uninstaller, reinstalled Orcaslicer and only using stock settings with no experimental settings.
I also did several auto input shaper and pressure advance tunes today yet as you can see the back / left corner still looks off on anything I print.
I tried running min cruise ratio at 0.5 / 0.2 / 0 with max_accel_to_decel enabled and disabled in Orca v2.1.1 but I cant tell a difference. When I set min cruise ratio at 0 it still sets itself and changes values during printing.
Neither can I find online how or if I need to tune min cruise ratio or if it interferes with any current settings in Orca. I did notice input shaper is now using ei now instead of Mzv for both axis as before but I don’t know.
Today I plan on reversing the path direction to see if the problem shifts to the other side and I will set both input shaper axis to mzv.
Please let me know what you guys think could be the problem, for all I know it could just be something simple that I'm just missing or doing wrong, appreciate it thanks.

Attachments

• pc.png
    pc.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ips.png
    ips.png
    200 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 18
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 22
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 23
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Humm, this is a tough one. It looks like flow or cooling is off. I am leaning towards cooling.

Humm, this is a tough one. It looks like flow or cooling is off. I am leaning towards cooling.
Appreciate the reply Noguru. I did some more tests today. I can confirm that the parts cooling fan is working properly. I changed both input shaper algorithms to Mzv which kind of reduced the corner zig zag pattern but it still remains. I reversed the wall direction to clockwise and the problem did shift to the rear right corner instead of the rear left side.

Input shaper results

Attachments

• shaper_calibrate_x.png
    shaper_calibrate_x.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 15
  • shaper_calibrate_y.png
    shaper_calibrate_y.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 16
Okay a few things you can try. First I highly recommend Frix-X's Shake n tune https://github.com/Frix-x/klippain-shaketune/tree/main
It is way more in-depth and I think it is just better then Klippers input shaper. That being said I think you graphs look very good.
Have you set your speeds to reflect what the graphs are showing you to run at? I would do outside walls at 70mms and inside at 120+mms

Okay a few things you can try. First I highly recommend Frix-X's Shake n tune https://github.com/Frix-x/klippain-shaketune/tree/main
It is way more in-depth and I think it is just better then Klippers input shaper. That being said I think you graphs look very good.
Have you set your speeds to reflect what the graphs are showing you to run at? I would do outside walls at 70mms and inside at 120+mms
Yeah last night I replaced the parts cooling fan, checked everything again, I’ll give it a shot

Success, It was my revo obXidian nozzle all along. So much for being able to handle pa6 and pa12 cf. I'm calling e3d tmmr and complaining haha.

Success, It was my revo obXidian nozzle all along. So much for being able to handle pa6 and pa12 cf. I'm calling e3d tmmr and complaining haha.
Glad you found it, sucks you have to replace it now.