What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Problems with START_PRINT macro, it was working

Rusty105

So I am new having issues with my PRINT_START macro not taking parameters from the slicer. Here is what I have:

Slicer -Start code

Code:
PRINT_START EXTRUDER=[nozzle_temperature_initial_layer] BED=[bed_temperature_initial_layer_single]

What appears in the gcode:
; EXECUTABLE_BLOCK_START
EXCLUDE_OBJECT_DEFINE NAME=Voron_Design_Cube_v7.stl_id_0_copy_0 CENTER=128.156,105 POLYGON=[[113.156,90],[143.156,90],[143.156,120],[113.156,120],[113.156,90]]
M73 P0 R55
;TYPE:Custom
PRINT_START EXTRUDER=215 BED=60
G90
G21

my PRINT_START macro

Code:
[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
    {% set BED_TEMP = params.BED_TEMP|default(61)|float %}
    {% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER_TEMP|default(206)|float %}
    # Start bed heating
    M140 S{BED_TEMP}
    # Use absolute coordinates
    G90
    # Reset the G-Code Z offset (adjust Z offset if needed)
    SET_GCODE_OFFSET Z=0.0
    # Home the printer
    G28
    # Move the nozzle near the bed
    G1 Z5 F3000
    # Move the nozzle very close to the bed
    # G1 Z1.15 F300
    # Wait for bed to reach temperature
    M190 S{BED_TEMP}
    # Set and wait for nozzle to reach temperature
    M109 S{EXTRUDER_TEMP}
    M117 Homing...
    CHOME
   #BED_MESH_CALIBRATE
    NOZZLE_PURGE
    G1 Z5.0 ; Lift toolhead
    G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length
    G1 F9000
    STATUS_PRINTING
    M117 Printing...

When the print starts the bed heats to 61 and the extruder heats to 205, the default values, even though the correct values 60 and 215 are in the gcode. I am fairly sure it is calling the PRINT_START macro, as it does print out a purge line, which is called from the PRINT_START.

Any idea why the gcode values are not getting accepted? This script was working, I do not think I changed anything.....

Thanks!

Your PRINT_START macro is looking for parameters with the name EXTRUDER_TEMP and BED_TEMP, but your slicer is using EXTRUDER and BED as parameter names.

Your PRINT_START macro is looking for parameters with the name EXTRUDER_TEMP and BED_TEMP, but your slicer is using EXTRUDER and BED as parameter names.
:oops: oops..... not sure how i missed that. Thanks for the second pair of eyes....

Strange thing is , I thought this was working correctly a few days ago....

Just to recap and close this out.

Yep.... Make sure your parameter name match.... All is working now!

Thanks again!

Rusty