What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Satin Powder Coated Pei Sheet for for voron 350

uiop

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r2 350
Extruder Type
Galileo
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
On my Prusa I really like the "Satin" print sheet the most. A far as I know, It is the most versatile when it comes to filament. It also has a smoother finish than the standard powder coated sheets and is probably better suited for TAP compared to the smooth sticker type sheets. The only option for a 350 Voron I found are the OSEQ sheets (Velvety smooth premium PEI powder coated surface as they say). Unfortunately the closest size they have is a 350x355, while the build plate of a voron 350 is 355x355. I guess the missing 5 mm would be ok-ish, but did anybody find something better?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, I just checked them out. These sheets seem to be similar to the smooth PEI foils, though a bit higher temperature resistant and in general probably a high quality product. What keeps me from trying them:
- Once and a while I mess it up and manage to make a scratch in my smooth PEI sheets that ruins the surface, powder coated sheets seem to be more robust.
- With my smooth PEI sheets TAP always needs at least one retry, as the foil deforms a bit and the second reading is a bit deeper (this is when you do the 3 taps and use the median as it is the default) . I have already changed from 4 magnets to 2 magnets. This has not been a game stopper, but I have to adjust the Z-Offset when I change from smooth to powder coated. With a "one fits all" satin sheet I hope I wouldn't have to change sheets at all for my use cases.
- Wham bam doesn't sell the spring steel with the applied foil alone, you have to buy only the foil and the spring steel and apply it yourself or by the full thing with a magnetic sticker. (Why?)

I have been looking around quite some time and it seems like only the Czech have the "secret recipe" for that fine smooth powder coating and baking that into a spring steel sheet :cool:.

and it seems like only the Czech have the "secret recipe" for that fine smooth powder coating
I hope to be proven wrong, but I think you may be right. 😐

I haven't tried it yet, but we purchased the textured version of the "High Performance Black PEI Bed Flex Plate" from West3D. It's definitely a smoother texture than the overly coarse LDO build plate - so that's a step in the right direction. But the West3D offering also isn't completely uniform - it has this "speckled" appearance, almost like what you get from a can of spray paint that is sputtering as you reach the end of the can. 😐 The textured PEI powder coated build plates from Prusa are in a different league - and I wish there was a match for that in the 350 size.