What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO PEI Build Plates and ASA

Durahl

So... Long Story Short I made the switch from FysTec to LDO Powder Coated PEI Build Plates and Boi ( God of War™ ) does ASA stick to it... WAY too good to the point where I've now spent the better of an hour removing an aborted 1 Layer Print because the first Layer wasn't going down nicely ( solved it by shoving the Plate into the Shock Freezer for like 30min and then went ham against the brittle Plastic with a Scraper )

I must either have been using a terrible Batch of FysTec Build Plates all this time or LDO went totally overboard with whatever they put on theirs considering the difference in hold down force...
So anyway... 😑 What does everyone usually do in a situation like that to reduce how well Plastic sticks to the Build Plate? 🤨

Yea... Not a big fan of the mess that comes along with using Glue Stick... As an alternative solution I found out via some trial and error that reducing the Heat Bed Temperature seems to work wonders with my issue. In the case of the Fiberlogy ASA Filament I had to reduce it by up to 20°C to get back to more reasonable sticking values 🤔🤨