What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Save & Restart No longer works

Laserbea4k43

Hello,
When editing my config files and needing to restart klipper or firmware, klipper seems not to be able to connect.
I always have to restart my pi in order to get things working again.
I've attached logs, if anyone can help me out, thanks.

Attachments

• klippy (1).log
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks guys,
I didn't realize i'd gotten replies!
It turns out I accidentally commented out a line in the printer.cfg
1675076322723.png

Actually it didn't work.
I thought it did, I was wrong.
I'm using an RPi 4 B and BTT Octopus Pro with Fluidd

Last edited:
I've been having a simiilar issue for a few weeks. I don't remember the exact message, but it is something like "can't connect to MCU". The issue doesn't happen every time I save and restart, but it does happen the majority of the time. The only way to restore operations is a full restart of the Raspberry PI. I have a suspicion that a recent update to Moonraker or Klipper may be part of the problem. I've searched Discord for the error message and there seem to be a few people there with similar issues -- mostly beginning in December.

In the voron discord, the first pinned message in #klipper solved the problem for me(thanks @Dragonkitty)
sudo systemctl disable ModemManager.service then reboot the pi.
Apparently, there are conflicts with klipperScreen.
I’ve been hitting save & restart for fun 😁

That fixed my issues! Thanks again!

BTW, on the KlipperScreen GitHub, they are now recommending using command sudo systemctl mask ModemManager.service as a more "persistent" solution.

Proabably a little bit beyond my understanding, but I'm guessing the masking, which seems to do a redirect, will prohibit the re-enablement of the service during updates/upgrades.

That fixed my issues! Thanks again!

BTW, on the KlipperScreen GitHub, they are now recommending using command sudo systemctl mask ModemManager.service as a more "persistent" solution.

Proabably a little bit beyond my understanding, but I'm guessing the masking, which seems to do a redirect, will prohibit the re-enablement of the service during updates/upgrades.

Correct. It will prevent re-enabling by another process or update.