What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Save Z Hight before printing?

Stevi84

Hello together, i use a Prusa Slicer for my V2.4. i didn't understand how the Print_START macro could be paste into the customer G-Code set, i think it is a syntax error.
For now i used this code

G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z15 F5000 ; lift nozzle
G1 X300 Y370
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 E30 F150
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

this works also but after Z=15 in last line the nozzle drives short before the bed and then goes to the printing area. Everytime the printer do this i will pray that the nozzle didn't run into the PEI-bed.
i didn't found a setting for a safe Z hight over the bed.
I will that the nozzle goes up after extruding and then run to the start coordinates and then moves down to the bed and start the printing.
Prusa adds the following line after my G-code

M109 S240 ; set temperature and wait for it to be reached
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
G92 E0
; Filament gcode
M107 ; fan off
;LAYER_CHANGE
;Z:0.1
;HEIGHT:0.1
M73 P1 R27
G1 Z-.3 F7800 ; -----> This is what i mean the printer goes down and then runs to the coordinates X218.835 Y 185.825 F7800
G1 E-2 F2400
G92 E0
G1 X218.835 Y185.825 F7800

I searched in Prusa slicer for an option but i didn't find one :(

Has anyone an idea?
How about the start sequence from macro Print_Start so i will try this out?

Thanks a lot.

BR

Steven

Looks like you might have something in your layer change GCode sections in PrusaSlicer. Another option is Z-offset inside PrusaSlicer (Printer settings > General > Size and Coordinates > Z offset, requires Advanced view), which if you have a non-zero value there, it's added to all the absolute Z movements. Outside those two, or having copies of the profiles on hand to skim, I'm out of ideas.

mh... i set in prusa an offest at general setting value of -,32mm otherwise my voron is to high for printing. I changed this to 0mm but it has the same effect, the Prusa slicer move the z Axis before they go to the start XY coordinates.

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
M109 S240 ; set temperature and wait for it to be reached
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
G92 E0
; Filament gcode
M107
;LAYER_CHANGE
;Z:0.1
;HEIGHT:0.1
M73 P1 R27
G1 Z.1 F7800
G1 E-2 F2400
G92 E0
G1 X222.202 Y188.944 F7800

The GCode is now correct as kit goes to Z0.1 for a first layer at 0.1 layer height. Take a look at calibrating your z endstop in Klipper. If you run an inductive probe, never bother trying to calibrate it, it will be relative to the z endstop anyway.

Hi Space King, mh ok but the inductive probe is for QGL and Bed mesh, and i have also an Z endstop siwtch where the nozzle tips. So the Z calibration makes me very confused. I think that the nozzle tip switch is for the nozzle hight and the induktive probe for QGL and bed mesh, after calibrating the z-offset with a papersheet thinked that these value is saved and sets absolut value for the nozzle distance to the bed. is the QGL and bedmesh value independent from the nozzle switch and the z-offset calibrating?

BR

Steven Z.