What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Stealthburner Neopixle LEDs not working with Octopus V1.1

Coyote

Trying to finish up my Voron 2.4 350mm build. I have completed some of the 'Initial Startup' through QGL with only minor fixable issues. I also installed Tap and it is working great. But the Stealthburner LEDs are not working. I'm using a 1-piece Stealthburner PCB and a Octopus V1.1 control board. I have the LEDs plugged into the PCB LED JST receptacle. I have the LED data line running from the PCB to PB0 pin on the Octo board and I set 'pin' to PB0 (pin: PB0) in the stealthburner_leds.cfg file. But the LEDs are not on. I tried adding a 100 Ohm resister to the data line as outlined by the "Stealthburner Neopixel Guide" but that did not work. I also tried using PB6 instead of PB0 on the Octo board but still a nogo. Before I start taking the toolhead apart to check continuity of the LEDs I thought I ask y'all for suggestions. I have tried to Google the problem but found nothing useful. Any suggestions?

thanks

You are plugged into the RGB header on the Octopus?

I would try right from the octopus first, if that works connect it to the SB PCB. I don't think there is much else. Did you include the Neopixel file in the config?

I would try right from the octopus first, if that works connect it to the SB PCB. I don't think there is much else. Did you include the Neopixel file in the config?
Yes I included the stealthburner_leds.cfg ( [include stealthburner_leds.cfg] ) at the beginning of the printer.cfg file. Currently just data line is plugged into the octopus. With the printer powered on my multimeter shows 5V DC on the SB PCD LED socket that the LEDs are plugged into...I have not tried plugging directly to the octopus, but I'll give that a shot...if that does not work I guess I disassemble the toolhead to check all the LED leads...I was just trying to avoid taking the toolhead apart...guess I should have installed a 2-piece SB PCB...I may yet

Yep, the two piece is fantastic if you like to tinker and make changes. I think I pull the face off mine every few days for something. I have two of them as well as different hontends so I change just swap them on the fly.
If you have any other LEDS laying around you could make a little harness to plug into the Octopus to make sure it's sending signal out the RGB header

Well, if I connect the LEDs to the octopus directly (5V, GRN and Data) the LEDs work and I can control them with the Dashboard Macros. Connecting Data to both PB0 and PB6 works. But, if I connect the LEDs (5V and GRN) back to the SB PCB they don't work...not sure why...with the printer powered my multimeter reads 5V at the PCB LED socket so power is getting to the LEDs through the PCB...I'm scratching my head...I would hate to have to run the LED leads to the Octopus...sort defeats the purpose of the PCB....

So it sounds like signal. Is this a CAN board or just a PCB for quick connections?
Can board will need to identify what pin the signal comes in on.

Something seems strange but its hard to imagine without seeing it.

So it sounds like signal. Is this a CAN board or just a PCB for quick connections?
Can board will need to identify what pin the signal comes in on.

Something seems strange but its hard to imagine without seeing it.
It's a 1-piece Hark SB PCB, not CAN...yes it does seem like signal line, but it is hard for me to probe the signal lead while PCB is attached to toolhead. Neither my fingers not instruments or small enough. I guess I'll remove PCB from toolhead and try to jerry-rig something together to test using my bench power supply...I have always said that things will work once you have suffered enough so I guess I haven't reached that point yet...:)

Well I fixed the problem but didn't solve it...I installed a 2-piece Hartk SB PCB that I just got in today...The LEDs work fine with the 2-piece PCB...not sure yet why they did not work with the one piece PCB...

Well I fixed the problem but didn't solve it...I installed a 2-piece Hartk SB PCB that I just got in today...The LEDs work fine with the 2-piece PCB...not sure yet why they did not work with the one piece PCB...
Tracer on the PCB could be broken. Glad you got the 2 piece, I like them better.