What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Tap on 2.4 v1?

husa550

Hi!
I have a "stock" Voron 2.4 with inductive Z probe, CW1 and afterburner.
It's a kit i bought from Formbot a year ago.
Now i am going to upgrade to CW2, Stealthburner and Tap.
Have a CW2/Stealthburner hardware kit and looking to buy a Tap kit.
My questions is: Do i have to add elektrical wires from the control board or can i use those who are already in use with my current config?
For now i have not a toolhead pcb, is that a must and how do i know if i need a 5volt or 5/24volt?

Cheer's

Tap can use the same wires your probe was already using if you get the 24v OptoTap V2. If you want to run the LEDs in your Stealthburner tool head, you will need cables for 5v and signal. The easiest thing to do is run three extra wires for +5v, GND, and signal directly from a neopixel port on your control board.

Tap can use the same wires your probe was already using if you get the 24v OptoTap V2. If you want to run the LEDs in your Stealthburner tool head, you will need cables for 5v and signal. The easiest thing to do is run three extra wires for +5v, GND, and signal directly from a neopixel port on your control board.
Thank you for that information! (y)

Hi!
I have a "stock" Voron 2.4 with inductive Z probe, CW1 and afterburner.
It's a kit i bought from Formbot a year ago.
Now i am going to upgrade to CW2, Stealthburner and Tap.
Have a CW2/Stealthburner hardware kit and looking to buy a Tap kit.
My questions is: Do i have to add elektrical wires from the control board or can i use those who are already in use with my current config?
For now i have not a toolhead pcb, is that a must and how do i know if i need a 5volt or 5/24volt?

Cheer's

The manual says you need the single MGN12 rail on the X axis if you don't have that.

You can use your existing probe wires for Tap, but BEWARE if you leave them connected to 24V, then you MUST get a 24V OptoTap PCB. If you get a 5V OptoTap or use a standalone optical sensor and resistor, then you need to connect the probe +V wire on the board side to 5V instead of 24V.

I have the same v2 stock. Want to upgrade v2 and tap. How can i use orbiter with v2 upgrade and tap?