What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Tap Z Endstop/probe always triggered in klipper

kar883

I'm running stealthburner with CW2 on my 2.4 and have tap installed using an OptoTap PCB OPB sensor and Hartk1213 5-24v stealthburner pcb. My Z endstop/probe for Tap are always triggered in klipper and I do not understand why. From reading the Tap manual I shouldn't need the 220 ohm resister or do I. When I lift the print head up I see the red light from the optical sensor and it turns off when I let go of the print head so I know it is getting power. I checked my connections and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing? I've tried This is my 1st Voron build. Thanks!

It's in your printer.cfg file. Make sure you set that part up correctly or it will not trigger. If you have doubts, post your config file.

@NoGuru Printer config attached.
This is what my Z endstop/probe look like regardless of Tap position. I refreshed the endstops while lifting and then again when lower Tap/toolhead. While up I see the red led light from the optical sensor on Tap indicating Tap properly powered and it turns off when Tap/toolhead is down. Endstops status never changes despite this. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing. Thanks for your time.
Screenshot 2023-02-13 204626.png

Attachments

• printer 021323.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 142
The config looks right to me so I would look at the control board.
In the Probe section does the pin: ~!PB7 need the ~
Try without it and also try one of the other pin locations on the board.

Alright, I'm a total noob 😤.... I had the probe pin plugged into the wrong port. I was using the ~!PB7 in the config file but had it plugged into the PG15 slot on the board. Thanks for your time and patience with me. All is working now!

Alright, I'm a total noob 😤.... I had the probe pin plugged into the wrong port. I was using the ~!PB7 in the config file but had it plugged into the PG15 slot on the board. Thanks for your time and patience with me. All is working now!
We have ALL done it. The reason I like helping here on the forums is I have made so many mistakes that I think I can share in what I have learned.

I'm running stealthburner with CW2 on my 2.4 and have tap installed using an OptoTap PCB OPB sensor and Hartk1213 5-24v stealthburner pcb. My Z endstop/probe for Tap are always triggered in klipper and I do not understand why. From reading the Tap manual I shouldn't need the 220 ohm resister or do I. When I lift the print head up I see the red light from the optical sensor and it turns off when I let go of the print head so I know it is getting power. I checked my connections and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing? I've tried This is my 1st Voron build. Thanks!
probably have grnd and signal crossed...

Probably another noob issue but I need help. I've had everything running fine without issue until one day (about 6 months ago) the hot end crashed into my bed breaking the TAP mount. Since then I've gotten the TAP mount reprinted and everything is as it was except my optical sensor seems to not work (no LED lights active, can't get it to trigger). I can trigger the optotap v2.4.1 led if I manually power the 24v and ground connections with a spliced cable from a usb adapter so I know it works (blue led turns on). I don't recall changing anything in my printer.cfg file and I've checked continuity from the printer mainboard to the stealthburner PCB for the 24v, probe signal (connected to PG15 on my bigtreetech octopus board), and ground wires to my optotap pcb. The ground and 24v are fine all the way up to the optotap board connections but the probe signal is only showing continuity up until the bat85 diode on the steathburner pcb. Is that normal? I've tried a different stealthburner pbc, two different optotap probes and the result is the same, no power or triggering of the probe sensor. I an manually trigger the red led on the optotap if I manually connect a probe wire from the the BTT octopus mainboard to the optotap signal connection on the optotap pcb (red led turns on but does not trigger endstop). I don't understand why my optotap sensor is not working which is likely the cause of my initial crash into the bed as it won't trigger, as if its not even there. Help please! Printer.cfg file attached for review.

Attachments

• printer cfg not working.txt
    19.2 KB · Views: 14