What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Trident is the best!

It was my entry into the Voron community and I can look back on it and cringe but she's a good workhorse even if things aren't pretty.

After building both a v2.4 and a Trident... I think I have to agree. At least for the smaller sizes. For a 350 I might still argue that the v2 is better (and that has nothing to do with my v2 being a 350 xD)

I completely agree. Love my Trident. Even when I'm cursing at it & fighting with it.

After building a V2.4, V0 and Switchwire, the V1.8 was my fourth Voron and one of my favorites. It is truly a workhorse. Just need to find time to convert it over to a Trident, hate to breakdown such a reliable machine.

As Trident builders, why did you chose over 2.4v2? Seems like cost is pretty similar right now.
I'm reading that Trident is easier to set up, and requires less fiddling to keep running?
Can anyone expand on that? I've got an old DIY Mendel90 that works, but am voron curious.

As Trident builders, why did you chose over 2.4v2? Seems like cost is pretty similar right now.
I'm reading that Trident is easier to set up, and requires less fiddling to keep running?
Can anyone expand on that? I've got an old DIY Mendel90 that works, but am voron curious.
I picked it because I have a full time job and two young children so my time to build and test printers is severely limited, lol. My Formbot 300 Trident was up and running in probably 8 to 10 hours building and testing.