What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Two Huvud questions

NoGuru

Trusted Advisor
I am getting a Huvud CAN bus working at everything works but I still have two issues. One is the part cooling fan, attached to PB8 will not turn on.
I have crimped connectors to a new fan and it just won't turn on. When I attempt to heat the extruder the cooling fan for it does turn on.

The second issue is the Thermistor is off by 15 degrees while at idle. Why or how can this happen?

Okay, I guess I have three issues, so when I try and heat the hotend it does not heat up. I have not done really any troubleshooting here yet.

This should be enough to be relevant for my setup.

# Part cooling fan
[fan]
## Print Cooling Fan - FAN0
pin: can0:pA8
#pin: PA8
kick_start_time: 1.0
off_below: 0.10

# Heatbreak fan
[heater_fan extruder]
pin: can0:pA7
heater: extruder

[extruder]
step_pin: can0:pB3
dir_pin: can0:pB4
enable_pin: !can0:pB5
rotation_distance: 22.6789511
gear_ratio: 50:17 #BMG Gear Ratio
microsteps: 32
full_steps_per_rotation: 200 #200 for 1.8 degree, 400 for 0.9 degree
nozzle_diameter: 0.400
filament_diameter: 1.75
max_extrude_cross_section: 5
heater_pin: can0:pA6
sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104GT-2
pullup_resistor: 2200
sensor_pin: can0:pA0
min_temp: -270
max_temp: 270
max_power: 1.0
min_extrude_temp: 40

I think I figured out the issues. I had a couple of broken wires right at the connectors. Maybe I crimped too hard?

For the thermister being off I changed the pullup_resitster from 2200 to 1700 and now it's very close. I don't know if that will work or not.

The only thing not working now is the extruder. I thought I had it working at one point. If anyone sees something in my config, let me know.

Last edited:
The standard pull-up should work for the 104GT which is 4700, it's not necessary to specify this normally.
Ya, crimping... You'll get real good at it.

Well, got all CAN bus functions working and was connection everything, fired up the printer to do a test print and POOF! Magic smoke came from Huvud.
No idea how or why this would happen AFTER I had it all up and running but it is what it is. I have a SB2040 in the mail. Let's hope this goes a little smoother.