What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Unable to get a Trident working as it should

mbun

I was wondering if I could find a kind soul on this forum willing to help me establishing some print consistency.

Let me begin with telling about my set up :

Trident 350 with Stealthburner and CW2, Revo Voron, trying to slice (but still very much a newbie) with Superslicer, for the moment trying to get a consistent printing result with PLA, so no panels on the Trident.

I finished my printer some months ago but I’ve never been able to get a consistent print quality. And I’ve been trying for months.

When trying to “babystep” for example I got confused by the direction of the arrows in Fluidd. It’s a line with an arrow point upwards or downwards. So does the arrow up mean the bed (the line under the arrow) gets closer to the nozzle ? Or does it mean the nozzle goes up and further away from the bed ? I think I figures it out but it's still a gray area.

Then I decided to use a bed mesh. I heat-soaked and saved the mesh and let it load before the print

Screenshot - 26-Feb-23 , 22_13_25.jpg

Looks pretty decent I think

I followed Ellis’s tuning guide till I thought I had a nice first layer and did the EM guide till I got this :

IMG_20230226_132229.jpg

I tried a lot of first layer prints until I had a reasonably consistent result :

IMG_20230226_213100.jpg

So I decided to try a real print without changing anything in the slicer or the printer, this was the result :

IMG_20230226_213000.jpg

This has been going on now for 4 months and I'm getting desperate.
I’m close to chucking the whole thing in the nearest canal.

Please printing Guru’s help me achieve reliable print quality !

Looks a little like under extrusion. Check print speeds and that the extruder is not skipping steps.
I'm not a guru by any stretch, but that's where I would start.

Well, looks like you changed filament, and like claudermilk said, looks like under extrusion but why?
Can you do the print with the same or any other filament?

Well, looks like you changed filament, and like claudermilk said, looks like under extrusion but why?
Can you do the print with the same or any other filament?
Sorry for the late reply, I did not get any notification. Those problems are solved. It's printing beautifully now.

I really couldn't say, I fiddled and fiddled and suddenly everything came together. It's been printing perfectly for a week now, I have got my serial number, all is good.