What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

V0.1 running BTT E3 V3.0, extruder doesn't extrude

twiget

Like the title says, I just put a BTT E3 V3.0 in my 0.1 and now the extruder motor doesn't rotate. It homes fine, I can run a print and everything works, except the extruder and I've double-tripple checked that the is extruder plugged into the correct connection on the board. I saved my old printer.cfg file and used that as a cheat sheet to set up the config on the new board, the only real differences between the V3.0 .cfg file and my old one is that interpolate: True in my .cfg and interplate: False in the V3.0 .cfg and there is no hold_current: in the V3.0 .cfg file. I've tried the original V3.0 .cfg settings and that doesn't work either.

Here is the section of the .cfg file for my extruder:
Code:
[tmc2209 extruder]
uart_pin: PC11
tx_pin: PC10
uart_address: 3
interpolate: False
# For LDO LDO 36STH17-1004AHG 1A 1.8°
run_current: 0.3   # for LDO 36STH17-1004AHG
hold_current: 0.2 # for LDO 36STH17-1004AHG
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0

Any thoughts on what's wrong with my setup?

Does the extruder heat up? There is an interlock that should prevent the extruder from rotating unless the extruder is at temp. While working through the Ellis guide, I recall that it is possible to override the interlock with a command or printer.cfg modification depending.

Yeah, the heater is on, it ran the PID tune with no issues and I can manually push the filament through the nozzle.

There is a line in the extruder config that sets the minimum extrusion temp, I've currently got it set at 0 as I'm planning on doing my e-steps once this gets resolved.

Turns out the problem was the idiot behind the keyboard.

I upgraded from a SKR mini E3 V2 and the extruder enable pin is !PD2 on the V2. It's !PD1 on the V3. Somehow I managed to FUBAR this when I copied the .cfg file over.