What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Voron 2.4 Fysetc bearing problem

MrBass8

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 R2 Fysetc
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi everyone, I'm a new and happy owner of a Voron 2.4 R2 fysetc kit. I finished assembling the printer, I configured some mods etc and so far no problems. After a few days and hours of printing, I noticed a noise from the bearings, to be precise (fortunately) I located them perfectly, and they are the 2 bearings with flange located in the front part. Basically, the two bearings in the front part of the belt tensioner a/b, if I use speeds like 300mm/s (only as travel, when printing I don't exceed 120mm/s), are noisy at times. The noise they make is that of spheres moving without any lubrication. I tried to see if I could do something to lubricate these bearings, but they are the closed type. What can I do??? if I loosen the belts the noise starts to decrease until it disappears, but the belt is too loose to be left like that. What can I do??? The whole kit is new and coming from fysetc. The printer has a few hours of life and printing time. After a while it presented this problem. I assembled the printer myself, following the manual.

PS: sorry for me bad english, i use Google Translate.

oh, thanks so much for the reply. So I can try to relubricate them without problems, right? Does the fact that if I loosen the straps the noise decreases have anything to do with my problem in your opinion?

oh, thanks so much for the reply. So I can try to relubricate them without problems, right? Does the fact that if I loosen the straps the noise decreases have anything to do with my problem in your opinion?
Yes, repack them or buy new bearings. Bearings are machinial so if you change the tension in the belts you will get different results.

ok, thanks for the info. Today I prepared everything. As soon as I get home I try to lubricate them... at worst I'll buy them new... but if I had to buy them again, which brands are reliable?

Update: I finally managed to lubricate the bearings... I had some difficulty opening them, but then everything went great. Thanks a lot to everyone :)

In a pinch, drop your bearings in some 20W50 motor oil and heat it up until it is hot to the touch. Then let it cool down and remove the bearings. The heat thins out the oil and lets it move past the seals. The cool down thickens it up so it stays in when you remove them from the oil bath.