What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Warping on backend of cast buildplate along Y Axis - Suggestions as to cause? *FIXED*

Printer Model
Voron Trident 250
Extruder Type
Orbiter
Cooling Type
Other
Hey guys,

After installing a build plate from Precise Print Parts, I found the opposite corners along the back of the build plate to be quite warped in opposite directions almost as if being twisted. Honestly, I understand 0.24mm variance to be fine due to being in spots I don't usually print anyway, however, I would like to know if it could be the build plate, the way I installed the mag sheet or possibly the frame of the printer. And as always, I would love to get a closer result as the one that came in the Formbot kit came in at 0.07mm. The reason for swapping it out was that I liked the groove in the top of the plate for the thermistor, the locating screws and what I was hoping for was to be just as flat if not better.

I installed a Graviflex 200 mag sheet onto the build plate while using my kitchen counter top which provided the 0.07mm flatness on my other build plate. Cleanliness was a priority while installing and I spent plenty of time inspecting for any debris. Other than that, there's not really a lot else that can go into the installation itself other than to connect heater wires and the thermistor. I am using a Beacon probe for the mesh.

The location of the warping is just odd to me. Being the back of the build plate where it is only supported by one lead screw shouldn't introduce any distortion, and certainly not along the Y axis in the way that it does. Again, certainly not a deal breaker. Just curious as to others thoughts on it.

Thanks in advanced to any and all for their willing input.

Attachments

• New Buildplate - Precise printer parts.png
    New Buildplate - Precise printer parts.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Original Buildplate Trident - Formbot.png
    Original Buildplate Trident - Formbot.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 18
That new buildplate mesh looks like your Y extrusions aren't square in the frame. It looks like the back right one is low and the back left might be a touch high. Double check those.

That new buildplate mesh looks like your Y extrusions aren't square in the frame. It looks like the back right one is low and the back left might be a touch high. Double check those.
Honestly, I thought that was the cause but expected there to be a much more linear incline or decline if it was not square... turns out that's not the case at all!! this immediately fixed it and brought it down to 0.07mm just like the other build plate! so damn happy it was a quick easy fix, thanks for pointing it out!

Attachments

• New Buildplate - Precise printer parts Updated.png
    New Buildplate - Precise printer parts Updated.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 15