What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question When I tell the printer to move in the X direction it is moving in the y direction as well. Or vise versa

kolbybrubaker

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I finished building my 2.4. When I move my tool head in the X direction, with the position buttons in mainsail, it moves in the y direction as well. Same thing happens when I tell it to move in the y direction, it moves in the x direction as well. This also happens when I home any axis, especially when I tell it to home Z, it moves the tool head to the middle of the bed. It basically can't move in a straight line in the x or y axis.

I finished building my 2.4. When I move my tool head in the X direction, with the position buttons in mainsail, it moves in the y direction as well. Same thing happens when I tell it to move in the y direction, it moves in the x direction as well. This also happens when I home any axis, especially when I tell it to home Z, it moves the tool head to the middle of the bed. It basically can't move in a straight line in the x or y axis.
There are a couple things that can be wrong here. One, is you loaded the wrong config into your control board.

The second would be the motor wires need to be moved around.

Maybe the third thing is the voltage for the stepper is set to low or the stepper config is wrong.

On a Core X/Y printer, to move the tool head straight forward/backward or left/right, that both the X and Y motors have to move at the same time. If one of the motors is not working, the tool head will move at a 45 degree angle. As NoGuru suggests, check the wiring for the motors, odds are that one of them is not wired correctly or not properly seated on the control board.