What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

which extruder G2SA / Sherpa Mini / Orbiter v2.0 paired with DragonBurner

sanketss84

Which extruder G2SA / Sherpa Mini / Orbiter v2.0

I am looking for suggestions for a good extruder combo to go with DragonBurner v8 Toolhead + Phaetus Dragon ST Hotend (Phaetus PS Brass Nozzle 0.4mm and 0.6mm) + BTT EBB36 can board.

Using the DragonBurner on a Voron Trident 300 build which is my first voron build so am a bit confused with narrowing down my extruder choice.

Print quality matters to me. Will be printing PLA , ABS , ASA , TPU , PETG 0.4mm and 0.1 0.2 0.3 layer heights.
PLA (normal, silk, metal etc esun variants)

I did find this thread https://forum.vorondesign.com/threads/galileo-2-vs-clockwork-2-vs-orbiter-2.1111/
but there is much information in it on G2SA and not more of a compare with Sherpa Mini and orbiter 2 hence this thread.

also can I use G2E kit spare parts and build a G2SA with sherpa / orbitor style mount.

Any suggestions to help me narrow down on an extruder for my first build would be helpful.

Last edited:
Galileo 2 in any iteration produces pretty nice prints, if you assemble it properly the bearing as an idler instead of driven gear helps eliminate artefacts caused by dual gear extruders. You buy G2E kit, which are just guts essentially, and you can print parts to make other extruders (G2SA, WristWatch G2).

Sherpa mini is BMG-based extruder. If you buy quality gears like Bondtech RIDGA, it can also produce very nice prints.

Orbiter 2 is, well, orbiter :) It's very solid and very strong extruder.

I don't think you will get wrong with either of those.

Galileo 2 in any iteration produces pretty nice prints, if you assemble it properly the bearing as an idler instead of driven gear helps eliminate artefacts caused by dual gear extruders. You buy G2E kit, which are just guts essentially, and you can print parts to make other extruders (G2SA, WristWatch G2).

Sherpa mini is BMG-based extruder. If you buy quality gears like Bondtech RIDGA, it can also produce very nice prints.

Orbiter 2 is, well, orbiter :) It's very solid and very strong extruder.

I don't think you will get wrong with either of those.
thank you for taking the time to reply , I think i am more inclined towards Galileo 2 but Orbiter 2 is a strong consideration as well as its pre-assembled and a neat package.
I was also not aware of WristWatch G2 so learned something new.
I also learned a while ago about the Orbiter Filament Sensor and how well it pairs with Orbiter 2 which makes a nice combo..

After further reading have decided to settle with Orbiter 2 and also am evaluating Orbiter filament sensor to go along with it. And also since it’s prebuilt, injection moulded. It must be put together well in a factory using a good process. Also ldo kit of orbiter 2 is locally available.