What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Dragonburner vs Mini Stealth

mggevaer

Hi all, I'm really happy with my Voron V2.4 and now trident, but I'm on a quest for efficiency, reliability and simplicity.
As part of this, I'm looking into replacing the stealthburner with something a bit lighter, and preferably less complicated.

This means moving from stealthburner to dragonburner + sherpa/galileo2 + EBB36
But there's also the mini stealth!

dragonburner: https://github.com/chirpy2605/voron/tree/main/V0/Dragon_Burner
mini stealth: https://www.teamfdm.com/files/file/657-mini-stealth-mini-sherpa/

+ Both support a "standard" on top extruder mount such as the sherpa/orbiter/galileo standalone extruders need.
+ Both are quite a bit lighter than the Stealthburner
+ Both are a bit less complicated than the Stealthburner
- Arguably neither of them looks as cool as Stealthburner though :p
- They both use 2 cooling fans, which complicates things a bit, the single fan was always enough cooling performance for me.
- Wiring seems to be more difficult on these tiny toolheads.

Unfortunately there's not a clear winner! That brings me here, looking for people with experience with either the DragonBurner or mini stealth, or perhaps with another toolhead suggestion which I don't know about yet?

Do you have experience with either toolhead? Any other suggestions? Would love to hear it.

(PS: I am a bit worried about all these wires and gears just rotating out in the open, Stealthburner does keep that stuff hidden away a bit more, am I right to be worried that something might get caught in there?)

EDIT: and now also found the xol toolhead:
Darn, hard to find out which is the best option.

Last edited:
Wiring on the Dragonburner is not a big problem since it's a well thought-out design, mini-sb is a little simpler, but has worse part-cooling performance. If you don't want TAP, then go with the dragonburner, otherwise, go with Xol.