What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Will it fit?

kingstar

I’m looking at building a 300x300mm Trident. According to the configurator, the frame width is 460mm. I have a cabinet that it will be going into. If I remove the door off the cabinet, the opening is ~467mm. I don’t plan on putting any of the doors or panels on it because it will be in this cabinet. Can anyone verify that if you don’t have the panels on, it would fit through a 467mm opening?

I don't see why it would not fit as long as you don't add the fume extractor or spool holder. The only other thing that adds to the external measurement is the panels.

I’m looking at building a 300x300mm Trident. According to the configurator, the frame width is 460mm. I have a cabinet that it will be going into. If I remove the door off the cabinet, the opening is ~467mm. I don’t plan on putting any of the doors or panels on it because it will be in this cabinet. Can anyone verify that if you don’t have the panels on, it would fit through a 467mm opening?
It might just barely fit but how will you get it in and out? You need extra space on top and sides for your hands to grab the printer. It will not be enough. What will be just right is Ikea Metod kitchen cabinet, the one that goes on the floor.

Additionally if you don't have any panels or doors, the heat from the printer will heat your electronics. Usually electronics are insulated when there are panels and doors. You will have to use an extractor fan to pull heat out of the cabinet. You need space for that too. You will end up taking away heat from the chamber that you would otherwise need for printing ABS.

Thanks for the replies. After going through all the pricing, I’m not ready to drop that much money yet. My modified Ender 3 V2 has got me to a 16 minute benchy with ABS, so I’m pretty happy with that.

Thanks for the replies. After going through all the pricing, I’m not ready to drop that much money yet. My modified Ender 3 V2 has got me to a 16 minute benchy with ABS, so I’m pretty happy with that.
Fair :) Although, there are smaller builds, for example 250x250 Trident which would fit there.