What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved X and Y only moves half way

Hi I am a newbie, just finished a v2.4 build, started doing the initial checks and all seems OK, heat bed, extruder, xyz steppers moving correctly. But when I tried to do bed location x and y only moves half way, I do a home x and y with no problem, but if I do g0 y0 it only moves half way, same with x.
Appreciate the help

Did you use the correct pulleys on the A/B motors? I accidently used 16T pulleys on mine and had similar results. You can adjust for that by changing the rotation distance in your printer.cfg. A 16T pulley is a rotation distance of 32, and you would change it under your [stepper_x] and [stepper_y] configs.

Did you use the correct pulleys on the A/B motors? I accidently used 16T pulleys on mine and had similar results. You can adjust for that by changing the rotation distance in your printer.cfg. A 16T pulley is a rotation distance of 32, and you would change it under your [stepper_x] and [stepper_y] configs.
Oh no, I sourced everything about a year and a half ago. Then retired, moved, fix new shop, play with granddaughter 😄 I will have to check the pulleys and hope nothing else moves. Thanks.

OK I found the mistake 🙄 and it is a newbie one. I did what I complain when I am watching Nero and Steve do their build, read so fast that you missed the information you needed. Well I did it myself, I will never complain at y'all anymore.
I left the rotations for 1.8 degrees instead of 0.9, yes I did that. Now all is well and need to continue tuning in the printer.
Thank you to all for your responses and help is much appreciated.

Last edited: