What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Z Endstop Pin Location

Death69

Printer Model
Voron V2.4
Hi,

I am following https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/startup/ and I cannot get past "Z Endstop Pin Location (V1, Trident, V2, Legacy)" section.
When I send G28 to the printer, it completes home X and Y, and then moves to the middle of the table for Z and tries to crash the nozzle into the bed.

On this printer I have installed the Z Endstop Pin and Clicky Probe,
Z Endstop is located X229.5 Y345

#####################################################################
# Homing Override
#####################################################################

[homing_override]
set_position_z: 0
gcode:
SET_PIN PIN=light VALUE=30
G90
BED_MESH_CLEAR
G0 Z5 F6000
G28 X Y
G0 X229.5 Y345 F9000
G28 Z
G0 Z10 F3000
axes: z
Endstop Z.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• config-20240724-145949.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 5
What do I enter into the terminal to activate [homing_override]?
Nothing. It just is.

I'd check your klipper log version of your config. My guess is something isn't the way you think it is

So G28 should just reference the [homing_override] sections and follow it.
I have attached the klippy.log. There is a [homing_override] section in it.

Something somewhere tells the printer to go to the center of the bed, i have a strange feeling that it has something to do with the Klicky Probe that I have installed.
The goal is to get a point where i can follow this video:

Attachments

• klippy.log
    971.6 KB · Views: 1
Your feeling is correct....go back into your klicky config file, and read the part about
variable_z_endstop_x and variable_z_endstop_y again...

You should also understand that yes. Klicky macros takes over the entire homing process, so you should not have any safe_z_home or homing_override of your own, since all of that is handled by the klicky provided stuff. (And thus everything, such as endstop position needs to be managed from the relevant klicky settings)