What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

z tilt issue

Hard to see the upper left idler, but that looks ok to me. Not going over the plastic (I think that's what @Sanity Agathion wanted to check); it's an easy, common error to make.

Hard to see the upper left idler, but that looks ok to me. Not going over the plastic (I think that's what @Sanity Agathion wanted to check); it's an easy, common error to make.
Yes, wanted to be sure it does not ride on plastic parts. It's easy to make that mistake and even get hours of printing on that machine.

This looks so allover the place I think this is affecting both motors.

Let's start with checking first suspect: grub screws on pulleys. Are they tightened and did you secure those with threadlocker?

Second suspect: belts. How is the motion when you move the toolhead manually by hand? Do it diagonally on one side, then on another, then alongside X and Y. You should feel resistance from overcomming 2 motors, but motion should be smooth, no binding, no skipping.

How tight are your belts? It is recommended to tension those that when you set a 150 mm distance between pulleys and pluck belts, they should give sound of around 110 Hz per those 150 mm.

This looks so allover the place I think this is affecting both motors.

Let's start with checking first suspect: grub screws on pulleys. Are they tightened and did you secure those with threadlocker?

Second suspect: belts. How is the motion when you move the toolhead manually by hand? Do it diagonally on one side, then on another, then alongside X and Y. You should feel resistance from overcomming 2 motors, but motion should be smooth, no binding, no skipping.

How tight are your belts? It is recommended to tension those that when you set a 150 mm distance between pulleys and pluck belts, they should give sound of around 110 Hz per those 150 mm.
I’ll run through the drive system again.

im running

42STH48-2504AH steppers do I need to change the run current from the .8 that’s in the config file?

I’ll run through the drive system again.

im running

42STH48-2504AH steppers do I need to change the run current from the .8 that’s in the config file?

Oh 2504s. nice! Yeah 0.8 may be a bit on the lower side for those, values in this config are safe for wide range of motors people could have - 1A, 1.5A, 2A, ... Shove as much current into them as your plastic mounts can handle, so they don't melt from motors. Be aware of your current driver's limitations. Do you run those at 48V as well? They shine at high voltages.